Aguero not 100%

Aubameyang at 22....playing for St Etienne. Not being called elite by fucking anyone.

Salah at 22...playing for Basel, hadn't even gotten to Chelsea yet to fail there and then go to Rome and become a world class player at 26.

Not only are you chatting complete bollocks, but you're not even consistent from 1 hour to the next.

Suarez at 22 - just about getting into double figures for Groningen. Lewandowski at 22? A plane journaey away from being signed by Blackburn, and still in Poland.
Very selective list you compiled.

Kane about to embark on a season where he'd be the PL top scorer. Neymar a darling of the Nou Camp. Messi. Ronaldo 42 goals in the season. Muller shortlisted for the ballon d'or.

Very selective list you compiled.

Kane about to embark on a season where he'd be the PL top scorer. Neymar a darling of the Nou Camp. Messi. Ronaldo 42 goals in the season. Muller shortlisted for the ballon d'or.

I used your list of "different level strikers".

So basically, we know he's not Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo. Fucking brilliant insight that is.

By the way, when you frame a discussion as 'all elite level strikers are elite by 22', it doesn't matter how selective I am, I just showed 4 examples of world class strikers who weren't that at Jesus' age, which is more than enough to show anyone that not all great strikers are world class at 22.

Which everyone should have known anyway, because it's obvious.

I used your list of "different level strikers".

So basically, we know he's not Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo. Fucking brilliant insight that is.

By the way, when you frame a discussion as 'all elite level strikers are elite by 22', it doesn't matter how selective I am, I just showed 4 examples of world class strikers who weren't that at Jesus' age, which is more than enough to show anyone that not all great strikers are world class at 22.

Which everyone should have known anyway, because it's obvious.
But Sergio is at their level and so they are good comparisons to make.

He is, he's just in a less dominant team

Not even Aguero's mum would try to argue he's as good as Messi.

But if we didn't know it already with your "22 is not young" comment, you have confirmed to us that you're completely delusional.

Not even Aguero's mum would try to argue he's as good as Messi.

But if we didn't know it already with your "22 is not young" comment, you have confirmed to us that you're completely delusional.
22 isn't young these days. Sports science means they get their man strength sooner. There are various reasons why certain players aren't elite at a certain age, Jesus has had every advantage going for him in terms of club, manager and coaching but hasn't trained on. But don't take my word for it, City will be the judge and if you don't think we're gonna go out and spend big money on an elite striker to be first choice when Sergio leaves then you're delusional as well as pompous

22 isn't young these days. Sports science means they get their man strength sooner. There are various reasons why certain players aren't elite at a certain age, Jesus has had every advantage going for him in terms of club, manager and coaching but hasn't trained on. But don't take my word for it, City will be the judge and if you don't think we're gonna go out and spend big money on an elite striker to be first choice when Sergio leaves then you're delusional as well as pompous
I dont suspect we bought Jesus in to always be second choice would be my thinking

I'm gonna withdraw from this discussion now as I don't wanna seem like a hater. Like i said before he's done a great job here and been a factor in 2 wonderful seasons and he'll always be a City hero. I'm just greedy and want somebody of a similar level to Sergio to replace him and I don't think Jesus is good enough.

I don't think your post comes across like that.

I just think that there are some posters who don't appreciate what a great squad we have. Seeing the level of talent throughout the squad now , compared to what we have at various times in the past is unreal imo .

It is when you are my age :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.