Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

I very much feel for our lads and for the Bulgarian players, the vast majority of whom will be appalled by the Bulgarian supporters behaviour and will now be forced to address it rather than just sporting concerns.

The racist ****s just don’t care that everyone loses in these situations. Most just want to see the world burn, to steal Sir Mike’s famous line.

Perhaps I should have more precise as this thread, I thought, was about international games.

Nothing has changed in those times, dealing with the same type of idiots from the same type of countries that did/ do the chanting.

The club game has, mostly, changed for the good.
Indeed.

Sorry I thought you meant in our game for some reason.

I posted something a number of pages back, as you said, these European countries are where we were as a country in regards to this back in the 1970s and 80s. But they are also countries without large minority populations like we have so it might take even longer into the 2030s or even longer to iron this shot out from their football fan culture as there most likely isn’t the culture drive within their countries to change their racism like there positively has been in Great Britain.

The new FIFA protocols are good, the fines and punishments UEFA dish out are nowhere near good enough mind. But I don’t think we should take our lads off when it happens. The best way to make our statement is by playing on and winning, I reckon Raz will be happier to have played on and scored a few than have been taken off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.