You f*****s

I just don't understand how food establishments get the certificates they do, a quick peek in the back of most of them and you wouldn't eat anything they served.

Last edited:
Abduls fallowfield was always top notch. Hope that has managed to survive! Chicken donner mix. Beautiful

I’m in East London at the moment and we have Sam’s chain for fried chicken (5 strips, fries and a drink for £4.99) or Kebabish for a chicken tikka for the same price. I’m unsure the staff have ever met me sober.

I’m in East London at the moment and we have Sam’s chain for fried chicken (5 strips, fries and a drink for £4.99) or Kebabish for a chicken tikka for the same price. I’m unsure the staff have ever met me sober.

that doesn't sound at all bad for London; I was out in Chester earlier this month and stopped by some fish & chip/kebab place in the early hours, but in deference to Abduls I could not quite bring myself to order their kebab - but witnessed one of the group I was with grappling with something a little dry and drab looking, whilst I was stone cold sober (well, just one cider) and he didn't think I'd missed out on anything.. their chips weren't bad though.

I just don't understand how food establishments get the certificates they do, a quick peek in the back of most of them and you wouldn't eat anything they served.

when I lived in Istanbul I'd turn away from watching the balik ekmek guys ('fish bread') making the sandwiches from the bow of their little boats where they'd been out to catch the mackerel, because they tasted that good you wouldn't want to see the ingrained dirt under their fingernails, or the open wooden crates of bread picked up early in the morning from the bakery sitting on the floor of the boat.. but hey, they cooked the fish on the grill and I'd wash everything down with a little Efes whilst sitting on the banks of the Bosporus... now the best I can do is re-create the same in my own kitchen:

view

that doesn't sound at all bad for London; I was out in Chester earlier this month and stopped by some fish & chip/kebab place in the early hours, but in deference to Abduls I could not quite bring myself to order their kebab - but witnessed one of the group I was with grappling with something a little dry and drab looking, whilst I was stone cold sober (well, just one cider) and he didn't think I'd missed out on anything.. their chips weren't bad though.

It’s an affordable London area. I was paying £3.50 for a Carlsberg in the pub etc. If I don’t eat after a beer up then I wake up feeling like death. Fried “chicken” really helps but it’s quite telling that I never use that place sober.

You.an EHO officee are you?

Yoy would.be suprised hiw clean the most local take away is and how dirty and unhygienic the best michelin star or 5* restaraunt can be

Done Abduls 3-4 nights per week late 80s when on the piss around there.
The Lamb or chicken Tikka were the choice, most of it would end up on my trainers!
Gemini for a pizza, the chef in there was the double of the guy in Shirley Valentine.
Babylon Pizza were the best though.
The Gemini cafe was decent for a fry up the next morning if you had a bad head!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.