Crystal Palace (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Crystal Palace (A) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love Pep best gaffer we have had however just sometimes he infuriates Bernardo in Centre midfield was a revelation he has to play there imho
Gundo was good in the middle at the tail end of last season but if we're honest, can you compare his perfomances to Bernardo when the latter had to play in the middle?

I admit that I do not know all there is influencing the decision to start Gundo and leave out Bernie who most believe is the superior player but that will not stop fans from asking genuine questions to try to understand.

Some other fans prefer to concur with Pep's every decision which I personally believe is a terrible way to assess a situation.

Ederson. Walker. Stones. Otamendi. Cancelo. De Bruyne. Fernandinho. Silva. Mahrez. Jesus. Bernardo

Ederson. Walker. Stones. Otamendi. Cancelo. De Bruyne. Fernandinho. Silva. Mahrez. Jesus. Bernardo

Please no Nico the form he’s been in; if Garcia can’t get a game now he never will.

Eddie
Walker
Cancelo
Stones
Garcia
Dinho
Kev
Phil
Bernie
Raz
Kun

I thought Cancelo was poor on the left last match. He was much better when he went to the right side. I can see only one of walker/Cancelo starting, not both.

Need to get back on track , centre back pairing has to be Stones/Dinho , Palace away is always a tricky game , and i cant see the Rags doing us any favours , wouldnt be surprised if we go ten points behind this weekend. But it will still be far from over the Dippers will definitely have a dodgy spell we just need to take advantage when it happens.
What about pairing Garcia in defence with Stones and pushing Ferdy into midfield? If KDB is still out this would be a necessity as last season when the pair were both injured we lost to Palace at home and Leicester away.

I doubt it will happen but I'd like to see Angelino start this one. Palace are going to be hard to break down, and Angelino is a much closer match to the natural attacking width that Mendy gives us than Zinchenko or Cancelo on the left.

I don't think Stones will start this one, only 4 days back in training from a 6 week injury.

Few decisions for Pep that are not immediately obvious:

Right back: Walker or Cancelo?
Central defence: Bring Stones straight back in, or put him on the bench?
Jesus or/and Aguero?
Mahrez or Bernardo on the right?

I would quite like to see Jesus, Aguero and Sterling as a front three with Bernardo playing central and KDB on the right of midfield.

We are going to get 75% possession. With KDB and Bernardo in midfield (surely they will play?) then a three-main forward line of Jesus, Aguero and Sterling should do well.

I was shocked at how few chances we created against Wolves but that midfield of Gundog, rodri, and David Silva played very poorly.

We found out later that Walker was ill, and Aguero was carrying an injury which made it all the stranger not to start Bernardo and Jesus. In hindsight, I think we can see that Pep made a deliberate decision to take Bernardo out because of all the media hype when in normal circumstances he would have been the first name on the team-sheet given the absences that day.

Although Rodri has done well , Think we miss Fernandinho in holding midfield and also runners in midfield.

Ederson
Walker stones Rodri mendy
Fern
Kev Bernado
Mahrez Jesus sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.