Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

He has an extension until October 21 although that doesn't mean he can't respond before then. I reckon though he has been away with Portugal and we will get this weekend's game out of the way before we have to deal with the FA being complete dicks. What we saw in Bulgaria was racism, what Bernardo did was at the very worst stupid, nothing more, nothing less.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...t-for-controversial-mendy-tweet-38540632.html

The FA requested City’s observations on the matter and the club have now confirmed Silva has personally written to the governing body expressing regret. Mendy, who has said he was not offended by the post, has also written in support of his team-mate.

So he didn't offend the lad he sent it to. But, he has offended the middle aged white men who make the rules. Also a multitude of faceless nameless easy offendables.

I am in Spain at present , people are finding it difficult to comprehend how this has occurred in England. I keep telling them it is not the Country it was.

I agree. But you cannot really fight them . They have jurisdiction.
You still don't have to meekly take it,we need to point out what racism is,the evidence from this week is there,we have raz who is well thought of on racism and john barnes who is the other go to man on the subject both saying it isn't racist,mendy is not offended,a fine if they must for it being a public joke but a ban no way

It's just possible the Bulgaria events will help Bernardo as equating his silly joke with that kind of disgraceful racist abuse would make the FA look even more ridiculous than usual.

You still don't have to meekly take it,we need to point out what racism is,the evidence from this week is there,we have raz who is well thought of on racism and john barnes who is the other go to man on the subject both saying it isn't racist,mendy is not offended,a fine if they must for it being a public joke but a ban no way

He’ll get a three game ban. No doubt about it.

So he didn't offend the lad he sent it to. But, he has offended the middle aged white men who make the rules. Also a multitude of faceless nameless easy offendables.

I am in Spain at present , people are finding it difficult to comprehend how this has occurred in England. I keep telling them it is not the Country it was.

England a country wanting out of the EU, primarily to lock the doors to immigrants.

Bernardo's only crime is ignorance. The image used is offensive but to Bernardo it's just an image on a sweet wrapper that he thought looked like his pal when he was a kid.

I remember Rooney kicking out at an opponent off the ball playing for England and rightly getting a three game ban. A punishment the FA would have gladly have handed out if the offence had been committed in domestic football by a non Rag or Dipper. But of course it being Captain Wayne the FA appealed it and hired a team of lawyers to get the ban reduced. More interestingly Rooney went months without receiving a single yellow card in domestic football - I think someone had a word with domestic refs. This tells you all you need to know about the double standards of the FA.

My brother's currently over in Valencia and has commented on how prevalent Conguitos are over there, like they're everywhere. Says it feels like less of a deal when you see just how popular a sweet they are over there. Still think it was naive of Bernardo but it's been blown way out of proportion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.