Lokeren 16yrs today!!

The person responsible lives in Whaley Bridge, and ironically we were talking about the incident a couple of weeks ago.
Nowadays, he's full of remorse, but at the time, he was totally out of control.
I remember that, if memory serves me right it happened near a food ? unit . Think it was the chap with grey hair that still does lots of away games, and has usually had a drink

Didn’t the lad nearly get sorted on plane back but the air hostesses wouldn’t allow it.

Sorry, i was on a large bottle of wine.... Took ages to write that and reading it now didnt finish it off!

So i spoke first (i was in the studio at like 8am) and then Bernard Halford on the phone saying the club is acting on orders from the police. Any City fan found in Lokeren during the day will be arrested.
I cut in and said "arrested for what?"
The presenter then said "now we speak to (whatever name) who is the chief police of Lokeren....
"Good morning, all Manchester City fans are welcome to come to Lokeren and all we ask is they behave themselves and enjoy what the town has to offer"
Presenter: "Mr Halford?"
Halford then starts umming and erring and back peddling. Me amd the presenter trying not to laugh. He still insisted that is what the police had instructed the club to announce to fans but the police chief denied it again.....
Haha, that's a good story! Thanks

Great times following City....locals never knew what hit them...can still hear the sceams of the blue that was in the porta cabin at the back of the temporay stand as his mates pushed it over.
That was Groclin, I think. It was Knighty from Cheadle... covered in piss and shit

Back on the Lokeren trip, it was my first European away and still one of the most memorable. So many stories. Like the 2 Belgian girls in one of the first bars we went in after arriving in Ghent taking the piss out of us for drinking beer that they felt was too weak and telling us to get on the Duvel. Bagging the best room in the ex-convent while most of my mates had to slum it. The morning of the game when we were getting ready and there was an almighty crash. Turns out my mate’s prized digital camera had smashed into a thousand pieces. Arriving in Lokeren late morning and getting straight on the Kriek. The atmosphere in the town square which was bouncing with blues in high spirits and getting up to high jinks but it never turned nasty. The flyers outside the bars welcoming City fans with open arms. The Belgian police - who we thought might take a hardline approach - always having a presence but keeping a low profile. The Feyenoord fan who travelled from Rotterdam just to see Bosvelt play. The match itself which was instantly forgettable apart from that guy who got a right kicking in their end, with many of us thinking it was a City fan. Oh, and my mate finding a full magazine of bullets which had obviously been dropped by a copper and leaving one in the kebab house when we got back to Ghent.
Some trip Camara never bothered me just bought another one when we got home.
Mind you the bullets were fun.
Day of the match was some day and the train ride back still haunts me.
And never thought I would spend several nights in a nunnery.

Been touched on but the train back to Antwerp was not for the faint-hearted. Blues lying in the luggage racks, claustrophobic conditions in the carriages with the added ingredient of a train packed with drunk people. I could not wait to get off.

Been touched on but the train back to Antwerp was not for the faint-hearted. Blues lying in the luggage racks, claustrophobic conditions in the carriages with the added ingredient of a train packed with drunk people. I could not wait to get off.
A mob of us got one to Antwerp, as it was empty. We found a bar near the station, had a couple then got train from Antwerp to Brussels Sud. The walk from there to our hotel was moody to say the least.

Last edited:
Over the years, the threads of euro trips have been f'in funny, and scary at times, the tales of overcoming all odds, like the saga to reach "midgetland" stick in the mind, even further back a trip involving 100% Manc and "borrowed mopeds" was an eye-brow lifter. The spanish and italian police come across as arseholes usually, but england had its share back in the day. Keep 'em coming lads and lasses....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.