Harry Dunn

I've been watching this for the last week or two and cant help but feel increasingly uncomfortable about it all.

Firstly it was a tragic death and way to lose a son and all sympathies go to his parents but im not so sure what is now transpiring is helping them in any way and i wonder what the motive is now because it seems to have moved on from the original demand to just speak to the woman and find answers to questions they had?

PR people involved both here and in the US, top barristers both here and there, all paid for by a crowdfunding page and demands moving daily which to me only lead to one destination and that is some form of financial settlement rather than justice.

They wanted to speak to her, they then wanted her to come back to face justice, then they didn't want her put into prison as that would take her away from her children, then they go to the US still demanding to speak to her, then they get the chance to speak to her and now they refuse?

All seems a bit suspicious to me and if i had lost a son so tragically im not sure if i would feel that living my life in front of the cameras and in the middle of a PR battle would be my first choice.
They're being manipulated by who ever is funding it all, and I very much doubt they have the finances to fund the US trip and all the legal people involved now (other than using a credit card, which would be incredibly stupid), so I think somebody is funding it (newspaper ?), and for me its all quite sad, because they're not getting their chance to properly get to grips with the loss of their lad in such tragic circumstances.

As for the US woman, she should agree to come back and face justice, which I expect would be causing death by careless driving, and she would be given a sentence that would probably be suspended, and then be allowed to go home, so those advising her aren't doing her any favours either.

I may be being thick here but why did the old bill swallow the diplomatic immunity story and let her go back home? I’d have put an APB on her leaving the country until it was verified.

Or ask for the passport to be handed over

And that is another story. The police have no power to demand she hand over her passport unless they arrest her and then bail her, they could ask for it then as a condition of her bail. I do wonder why she wasn't arrested at the scene but we haven't heard anything about that.

Trump says boris was aware he was going to get the parents to meet the women,boris is so far up his arse and trying to model himself on him he was willing to try and ambush the family,so scared of not getting new trade deals,both are vile people

Trump claims that Johnson asked him to set up the meeting with Harry Dunnes parents https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...pm-asked-him-set-up-meeting-harry-dunn-family

If true this is incredible Bonehead Boris rings Dumb Donald and they hatch a plan that involves the parents of a dead child meeting his killer. I know these 2 both lack empathy but how the fuck do you end up thinking that this is the right thing to do? Its like some fucked up reality tv show where they pull some stunt to shock everyone and then we all have a good cry and then laugh it off later.

I'm not sure that has much relevance to this thread to be fair, so lets keep it in a thread that is relevant.

OK Cleavers. One hand I admire Harry’s parents, particularly how they have gone out to the states to push their case with Trump etc. It must be a devastating time for them and to make some progress is impressive That said, the advice they are getting might not show them in the very best light in the medium to longer term. Earlier on they said they wanted to meet the driver so I don’t why they didn’t ask her to return to the UK to let the police continue to their inquiries. That meeting might have given the Trump PR machine a small victory but who cares in the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.