Ali Benarbia's debut.

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
Paulo Wanchope, loved that guy, crazy , weird style, but one cool dude whom was a very decent striker.

Remember the teams and his fantastic first half hatrick against Burnley, who were top of the table at the time. Really ungamely style but blessed with tremendous skill

Paulo Wanchope, loved that guy, crazy , weird style, but one cool dude whom was a very decent striker.

Cracking player with a really healthy goal to game ratio. His winner against Newcastle at the Etihad was a memorable moment.

I remember it was the first match after September 11. That was a Tuesday, so it would have been the 15th.
Birmingham manager said afterwards he wished Keegan had waited another week to sign him.

I still find it strange that City actually played at Notts County on September 11th.
One of the weirdest atmospheres I've ever experienced.

I'm with you completely on that one. I think it was just the relief of not being crap for once. I think our first game that season was home to Norwich and the football we played was like nothing I'd seen before ( I only started going around 93 to 94) so it was a pleasant surprise to see fast, flowing, attacking, positive football.

Although we were punished after Keegan by being subjected to the football that Pearce brought us.

that was one of my most frustrating matches following City - away to Liverpool and watching us go a goal down before we even made an attempt to play... I can still remember being apoplectic of our performance at half-time to another suffering City supporter.. nothing against the guy personally & his playing career, but Stuart Pearce certainly left me scarred from his managerial methods of putting the boot in.. Psycho!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.