Album you wish you were hearing for the first time.

In Utero and the first two Pearl Jam albums poss all over Nevermind imo..

I can understand someone liking In Utero more than Nevermind, fine. But Pearl Jam? Are you serious? They did one half of one good record. They should have called it "Five." If Eddie hadn't been a pretty boy that band wouldn't have made it out of the bar scene in Bellingham. Soundgarden utterly stomps them, not to mention Nirvana.

Edit: I will however give them credit for fucking over Ticketmaster, as I do Tom Petty for suing his record company to keep list prices down. Good for them.

Last edited:
I can understand someone liking In Utero more than Nevermind, fine. But Pearl Jam? Are you serious? They did one half of one good record. They should have called it "Five." If Eddie hadn't been a pretty boy that band wouldn't have made it out of the bar scene in Bellingham. Soundgarden utterly stomps them, not to mention Nirvana.
Kurt was the 'pretty boy' to be fair.

Soundgarden piss on anything Nirvana ever did.

Kurt was the 'pretty boy' to be fair.

Soundgarden piss on anything Nirvana ever did.

Soundgarden were a Led Zep rip. The best Led Zep rip ever, but still a Led Zep rip sound-wise. But they had Chris Cornell, who always had a dark side. I do think some of his lyrics are genius, more than Cobain. And those crazy tempos were hard. As musicians, as singer + guitarists, they piss all over Nirvana. Grohl's a pretty good drummer who made Nirvana what they were. But you can't deny Nirvana's influence (fine, call it Butch Vig's). And when that record came out, it was like -- geez, what's this? Chord changes and crunches, alienation, Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps for a new generation. And it spoke to kids. I loved it from play one.

I don't think we knew Cobain was a pretty boy until after he died and we learned a lot about him. He certainly wasn't one during Unplugged. You know who's a fake-morose bullshit artist? Fucking Thom Yorke, that's who.

Soundgarden were a Led Zep rip. The best Led Zep rip ever, but still a Led Zep rip sound-wise. But they had Chris Cornell, who always had a dark side. I do think some of his lyrics are genius, more than Cobain. And those crazy tempos were hard. As musicians, as singer + guitarists, they piss all over Nirvana. Grohl's a pretty good drummer who made Nirvana what they were. But you can't deny Nirvana's influence (fine, call it Butch Vig's). And when that record came out, it was like -- geez, what's this? Chord changes and crunches, alienation, Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps for a new generation. And it spoke to kids. I loved it from play one.
I see Sabbath more than Led Zep to be honest.

OK Computer, Radiohead

That's my record that would be on the mirror image thread to this one "Albums You Wish You'd Never Heard After Hearing Them the First Time" or "Albums You Heard Once And Couldn't Understand What The Fuck The Big Deal Was So Never Listened Again."

Some day someone has to explain to me why this band is not just popular but revered as geniuses. I have never figured it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.