Stan Collymore

I can't be bothered to go searching through his twitter account, but the point he makes here, in this instance, is a fairly good one.

I can appreciate that you might not agree, but I understand his frustrations.
How is it a good point?

He’s a former footballer with direct experience of racist abuse from the stands plus he’s always been very happy to give the public his feelings on race (and everything else).

I may hate Piers Morgan but he nailed it in his reply to ‘Stan’.

I’ll await you stumbling across some fantastic Collymore wisdom in due course and enlightening me.

How is it a good point?

He’s a former footballer with direct experience of racist abuse from the stands plus he’s always been very happy to give the public his feelings on race (and everything else).

I may hate Piers Morgan but he nailed it in his reply to ‘Stan’.

I’ll await you stumbling across some fantastic Collymore wisdom in due course and enlightening me.

It's a good point because the complaint generally speaking is one experienced by many ethnic minorities, so even if I don't particularly care that Collymore himself feels aggrieved by it, the frustration he expressed is a real one felt by many others.

I've mentioned that he talks a lot about mental health and does a lot to raise awareness for it - and he's pretty honest about his own battles with it.

@SWP's back That doesn't mean I'm a huge fan of his. In fact, the opposite is true. My initial entrance into this thread was just me acknowledging that he raised a good point, despite being who he is.

It's a good point because the complaint generally speaking is one experienced by many ethnic minorities, so even if I don't particularly care that Collymore himself feels aggrieved by it, the frustration he expressed is a real one felt by many others.

I've mentioned that he talks a lot about mental health and does a lot to raise awareness for it - and he's pretty honest about his own battles with it.

Mental illness is no excuse for being a woman beating lying ****.

I mean, fair enough, I don't have much time for him myself, but a lot of the responses he gets to making fairly reasonable, sometimes even great, observations/arguments is bringing up bad stuff he's done in the past, which again fair enough, bed made, I have no problem with it, but it still doesn't take away from the substance.

It's shooting down a good message because people don't like the messenger, which, again fair enough, but if only we could acknowledge that that is what's happening :)
He is a ****,no-one should take any fucking notice of him

That's why I made the point about shooting the message down because of the messenger. He is nowhere near the first black or other ethnic minority person to raise this complaint, and as I have said, it is a frustration I can understand.

Another issue, off the top of my head, that I think he has been very outspoken about to raise awareness for is mental health. That's another example of a 'good message' that sometimes can fall on deaf ears because Collymore is the messenger.

If Barnes raised some of the complaints Collymore has, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't receive anywhere near the same level of push back, and that is the only point I have tried to make in this thread.
He uses mental illness to cover every ****ish thing he says and does,talk about him in glowing terms somewhere else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.