Var debate 2019/20

Football could definitely learn a lot from rugby - if it wasn't too arrogant to listen. In the England game, the Aussies scored a late consolation try. The French referee asked to see a couple of passes in the build up, and the VAR said both passes were good, and to give the try. The referee totally ignored his opinion, correctly pointed out that one of the passes was clearly forward, with the reciever in front of the thrower, and he disallowed the try.

No sentiment, no sticking up for his assistant, just make sure the correct decision is reached. The integrity of rugby refereeing is so far ahead of its football equivalent.
Yes but the decision is not hidden, we heard it on the TV in the ground, well done the ref. Today Alty asks is that a pen and Oliver replies don't be soft ;-)
For the record this aint Football v Rugby it's about two systems and I know which is better.

Football could definitely learn a lot from rugby - if it wasn't too arrogant to listen. In the England game, the Aussies scored a late consolation try. The French referee asked to see a couple of passes in the build up, and the VAR said both passes were good, and to give the try. The referee totally ignored his opinion, correctly pointed out that one of the passes was clearly forward, with the reciever in front of the thrower, and he disallowed the try.

No sentiment, no sticking up for his assistant, just make sure the correct decision is reached. The integrity of rugby refereeing is so far ahead of its football equivalent.

I fucking swear I hadn't read your post before I typed mine.

Surely if all the angles available to VAR show it’s a penalty then it has to be a clear and obvious error by the ref given he only has one angle and no slow motion. Why therefore is this not being done and it’s obvious that the ref on the field isn’t actually in charge of the game. If there was ever a situation where the ref should have gone to the monitor it was today on KDB

Surely if all the angles available to VAR show it’s a penalty then it has to be a clear and obvious error by the ref given he only has one angle and no slow motion. Why therefore is this not being done and it’s obvious that the ref on the field isn’t actually in charge of the game. If there was ever a situation where the ref should have gone to the monitor it was today on KDB

Simply?

Because they dont want to.

Never been a more obvious pen than today, ... ....Rodri's included !

The problem is they are being asked to criticise their own and they wont because they know its themselves on the pitch next week .

The police being allowed to police themselves......

Bent? Corrupt?

At the start of the season everyone said give VAR time...

Time is up !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.