Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Spurs his task was simple - get the ball and hoof it down the line to Harry Hotspur or leg it down the wing and cross it towards Harry Hotspur. It's as if he can't cope with the multi-faceted way we play. Reminds me of watching Kolarov in Pep's first training session - full Benny Hill.

Why was he subbed so quickly ?! Bizarre move unless he got a knock.

Think Pep was keeping it in house.

He was fucking diabolical in that first and literally gave them 2 golden chances to score.

If he was I'll, imo wouldn't have started.

He was pulled because he was absolutely terrible

A defence of Walker, Otamendi, Fernandinho and one of Zinchenko/Cancelo/Angelino is a real leveller. If it wasn’t for an excellent Ederson performance last week, we would have conceded 3/4 and on sunday it could have been 5. This is to add to the 3 at Norwich.

We have to blow teams away like we did against Watford. If we don’t then we will drop plenty more points with this defence.

The rest of the side need to do more to protect them.

No, that's my point. He's not been getting forward the past 2 years.

If you watch how he played at Spurs, he was probably the best attacking right-back in the country.
He still probably is, but in a different way.

Under Pep, Walker has become the best full back in the country and moving opposition players around by moving into certain areas of the pitch or making certain runs that are completely designed to create space for the right winger and right attacking midfielder.

It’s the space he’s creating that means he doesn’t have to bomb forward.

He’s actually quite poor at crossing so him bombing forward so that he’s the one who ends up crossing it is probably why Pep changed him. It’s much more preferable for him to make a run that moves a defender that creates space for Mahrez to pass to de Bruyne who is the one with the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.