Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Irrelevant as fuck, but I flew out of ‘London’ Southend and back to Bilbao, seamless from start to finish.

Apart from the £18 for a beer and a G&T (for Doris I got chatting to) on paddy the pirate. Cunts

Anyway, train to terminal took one minute and journey time from Liverpool Street same as Stansted ‘express’ etc. They have quite a few routes now, I’ll do it again for sure. No hassle whatsoever at security

I've flew out of Manchester a few times this year and it got me thinking, it generally has to be one of the most poorly run airports in Europe (out of all that are a decent size)

I've been to a good few shockers in my time but Manchester seems so dour, desperately in need of a refurb and some of the most rude security staff I've had the displeasure to meet.

rudest and most idiotic security staff I've encountered anywhere were in Paris - I must have gone through their procedures four or more times on one pass through (I didn't care, I had an extended layover and wasn't in any hurry, but these two women were being deliberately obnoxious and I was playing along with things by not getting upset and being as obliging as possible to deny them satisfaction - I even offered to go through an extra time for them, ehehe) but as airports go Manchester has never been one of my favourites.. always seems to be backed up, both in the terminal buildings and at check-in; security that should take 10 minutes can end up taking 45 if you've forgotten a tube of something to be put into a plastic bag or an item of electronics in the wrong place (in other airports such a transgression would take less than a third of this time to rectify) the only compensation at Manchester being I know I can easily find a Mars Bar or a packet of crisps (and it's the closest airport in the world to ABDULS, something I miss being in the US most of the time) conveniently on my exit before I head over to the Car Rental Village... I doubt things are going to change, but it's not too arduous; heading out from Manchester is much worse than flying in. Chicago O'Hare is one of my least favourites, as I liken it to a plate of spaghetti - and I've been flying through it for three decades and still can't figure it out.

* oh, and Atlanta is a nightmare to get into at the moment, whilst they're screwing around with construction outside of the terminal - which is utterly unbelievable (normally things are better organised and prepared Stateside) and their ground transportation is REALLY slow, at least to a NYC/Chicago person.

** actually, they should open an Abduls at Manchester Airport - this would I believe elevate it into the world's elite, even to overtake the toilets at Reykjavik, where I once had a religious experience...

Last edited:
rudest and most idiotic security staff I've encountered anywhere were in Paris - I must have gone through their procedures four or more times on one pass through (I didn't care, I had an extended layover and wasn't in any hurry, but these two women were being deliberately obnoxious and I was playing along with things by not getting upset and being as obliging as possible to deny them satisfaction - I even offered to go through an extra time for them, ehehe) but as airports go Manchester has never been one of my favourites.. always seems to be backed up, both in the terminal buildings and at check-in; security that should take 10 minutes can end up taking 45 if you've forgotten a tube of something to be put into a plastic bag or an item of electronics in the wrong place (in other airports such a transgression would take less than a third of this time to rectify) the only compensation at Manchester being I know I can easily find a Mars Bar or a packet of crisps (something I miss being in the US most of the time) conveniently on my exit before I head over to the Car Rental Village... I doubt things are going to change, but it's not too arduous; heading out from Manchester is much worse than flying in. Chicago O'Hare is one of my least favourites, as I liken it to a plate of spaghetti - and I've been flying through it for three decades and still can't figure it out.

* oh, and Atlanta is a nightmare to get into at the moment, whilst they're screwing around with construction outside of the terminal - which is utterly unbelievable (normally things are better organised and prepared Stateside)
I avoid O Hare at all costs, a rabbit warren

I avoid O Hare at all costs, a rabbit warren

but I don't have much choice - except when I can escape via Midway.

.. but this thread has given me an idea - a WORLD FRANCHISE for Airport Abduls, whilst rectifying the atrocities caused by closing down the Oxford Road establishment (in favour of a sweaty chicken?? FFS) which could bring many fringe benefits, such as world peace and unlimited recyclable energy - and maybe even the design of decent pouring spouts on little bottles of Balsamic Vinegar, let's crowd fund it and save the earth!

but I don't have much choice - except when I can escape via Midway.

.. but this thread has given me an idea - a WORLD FRANCHISE for Airport Abduls, whilst rectifying the atrocities caused by closing down the Oxford Road establishment (in favour of a sweaty chicken?? FFS) which could bring many fringe benefits, such as world peace and unlimited recyclable energy - and maybe even the design of decent pouring spouts on little bottles of Balsamic Vinegar, let's crowd fund it and save the earth!

You know a world franchise for Holland's steak puddings would do even better, dont you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.