#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent game for us yesterday, glad he played the full 90+ minutes.

His goal scoring record for us as gone under the radar a bit but 50 goals already is a fantastic return. If he was playing for the rags he'd be lauded as the 2nd coming..(especially with his moniker)..

Thought he was really good again yesterday besides for the obvious error. Looks much, much more confident in his game at the moment.

Excellent game for us yesterday, glad he played the full 90+ minutes.

His goal scoring record for us as gone under the radar a bit but 50 goals already is a fantastic return. If he was playing for the rags he'd be lauded as the 2nd coming..(especially with his moniker)..
This is where our lack of adulation from the media works in our favour.

Rashford has faded as a player as it’s obvious he hasn’t been able to handle the stupid hype he’s got after a few good games in a row a while ago.

For our lads not getting the praise can keep their feet on the ground.

He's the player I first thought he was this season. I think he's had a tricky 18 months waiting for his chance whilst Sergio breaks records, but he's starting to show the tricks and all round play that makes me believe he's the long term solution again.

Sergio's not been great for a few weeks, I think Jesus will trigger a reaction from him now.

This is where our lack of adulation from the media works in our favour.

Rashford has faded as a player as it’s obvious he hasn’t been able to handle the stupid hype he’s got after a few good games in a row a while ago.

For our lads not getting the praise can keep their feet on the ground.

I don't think it's that PC, Rashford is not a bad player to be honest but he's a million miles from being an elite player.
He's picked for the National Team because of who he plays for.
He hasn't faded, he's just found his level which is bottom end premier league (spooky) / top end championship.
Our players are never lauded by the media and I get the feeling it wouldn't affect them anyway as they all appear to be rounded individuals.

Is Gabby the first City player to score 50 goals for the club before turning 23?

Is Gabby the first City player to score 50 goals for the club before turning 23?
Difficult one this as most of our top scorers played for us before WW2 so finding career statistics season-by-seasons for them is difficult. @Gary James may be able to help with this.

Billy Meredith started playing for City at 20 years old and scored 152 goals for us, most in his first spell.

Joe Hayes started playing for City at 20 and scored 152 goals for us.

Tommy Johnson started playing for City at 18 and scored 166 goals for us. He’d be the most likely.

Eric Brook started playing for City at 21 and scored 177 goals for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.