City's New Kits - 2019/20

yawn, what's the point of repeating a colour of an away kit in successive seasons?

All our away kits end up black or navy blue apart from the centurion one, just dull, not had red and black or white for ages.

Can't keep our home kit colours but no problem recycling the same bleeding away kit colours.

The sentiment is brilliant. Would wait on further details for the kit.

I'd it's a tribute to Mancunian culture then an away kit would surely be based on the worker bee?
The sentiment is wank.

Pay homage to the actual kit's history before all the music and vimto bollocks.

yawn, what's the point of repeating a colour of an away kit in successive seasons?

All our away kits end up black or navy blue apart from the centurion one, just dull, not had red and black or white for ages.

Can't keep our home kit colours but no problem recycling the same bleeding away kit colours.
We’ve had 100% too much red for our entire history. Never want to see it again.

Want to see more black and yellow in relation to the Manchester Bee than red.

The sentiment is wank.

Pay homage to the actual kit's history before all the music and vimto bollocks.
At the point a kit (or part of a kit) was first used it had never been seen before and didn’t nod to any of our previous kit history. You can only churn out the same thing so many times and sometimes you just have to move on.

Before the 1950s we’d never had sky blue socks. In 1962 we had a yellow and maroon away kit never seen before or since. In 1994 we had purple for the first time. We’ve only had maroon turnovers on our socks for 7 years in our 125 year history. We’ve only had maroon with white pinstripes for two years of 125.

We’ve only had white diamonds on our home kit once, the 1987-89 kit, and that’s hands down my favourite City home kit of all time.
maxresdefault.jpg

None of those things are mainstays of City in any way but some of them are iconically City.

Apart from the main colours of sky blue, white and navy for the home kit we don’t have to have a nod to the history of our previous kits at all.

Having something brand new and never been seen before can end up go down in history as a classic and can add to the back catalogue of something to use again rather than the same old same old.

I also think we had a distinct lack of “MANCHESTER” coming out of this club for a good number of years this decade. So having more nods to the city we’re from is better in my opinion. Vimto, Haçienda, Manchester Bee etc. are all good things to have related to the club.

Fuck all that Moon shit off that we seemed obsessed with. For a time I thought the club wanted to change our name to FC Moon City. Everything was Moon based: lights out Blue Moon on the stand, Moon pattern on the arms of an away kit, Blue Moon lyrics in plaques at the foot of the bridge, Moonbeam, Moonchester, Blue Moon being made our club song for the cheesy 5to3 karaoke, Blue Moon sound waves on the 2011-12 kit, Moons on every second piece of merchandise or promotional images used by the club for a long time...

We’ve had mosaics around the ground(s) for a long time - remember the old Maine Road Maine Stand “MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB” mosaic/sign? Joe Mercer mosaic and recent training ground Yaya/Hart/Kompany (and I presume David Silva next year) mosaics, as well as the mosaics on Afleks Palace in Town.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the point a kit (or part of a kit) was first used it had never been seen before and didn’t nod to any of our previous kit history. You can only churn out the same thing so many times and sometimes you just have to move on.

Before the 1950s we’d never had sky blue socks. In 1962 we had a yellow and maroon away kit never seen before or since. In 1994 we had purple for the first time. We’ve only had maroon turnovers on our socks for 7 years in our 125 year history. We’ve only had maroon with white pinstripes for two years of 125.

Apart from the main colours of sky blue, white and navy for the home kit we don’t have to have a nod to the history of our previous kits at all.

Having something brand new and never been seen before can end up go down in history as a classic and can add to the back catalogue of something to use again rather than the same old same old.
I'll remember that whenever Barca have a white and orange home kit or when United have a red and blue kit. Or even when Liverpool play in turquoise and maroon.

Kits fed into a club's identity and we fuck about with ours every year.

Next year, by all accounts, at the sake of the Sex Pistols.

I'll remember that whenever Barca have a white and orange home kit or when United have a red and blue kit. Or even when Liverpool play in turquoise and maroon.

Kits fed into a club's identity and we fuck about with ours every year.

Next year, by all accounts, at the sake of the Sex Pistols.
That’s not what I meant though. I did say “Apart from the main colours of sky blue, white and navy for the home kit we don’t have to have a nod to the history of our previous kits at all.”

I definitely agree with you about the Sex Pistols. They have fuck all to do with Manchester. But I wouldn’t take footyheadlines as having solid pictorial evidence of what our kit for next season is going to be like. I think they’ve just used an image of Afleks Palace that had numerous mosaics on - as well as us having a long history of having mosaics used at City - and just stuck one shot of one mosaic from Afleks that happens to have the Sex Pistols on it.

If the kit next year has Sex Pistols etched into it, I will join you in protesting about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen the short highlights clip on the OS? "Manchester City, playing in their orange and yellow away strip...."

Orange? Since when has that colour I was watching yesterday been orange?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.