#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep wants to let him replace Silva next season, then he need to loan him.

Otherwise he will never be ready.

If Pep wants to let him replace Silva next season, then he need to loan him.

Otherwise he will never be ready.

So, the best way for Phil to replace David is to be sent to another club away from him?

A club that plays differently to how City play. Potentially in a different division. Amongst players nowhere near the same level as David and those around him.

Don't think that's a good idea. He's fine where he is.

So then remove the 'potentially' part and send him to a club that can meet all those things.

We make the choice as to where we send him, it's not a lottery. He needs game time.

more fact than oversimplification
At the moment he is struggling to be a panel regular. I Would love to see him playing but assuming all panel being fit he would not make it at the moment. Hopefully he comes in as a straight replacement to David Silva. Our midfield is just full of top players

It's either a fact or it isn't.

Saying "if he was good enough then he'd be playing" ignores every other factor involved and smells like the usual circular logic some blues adopt in order to stick their heads in the sand and refuse to discuss what others see the faults of the club and certain people who work for us.

He is good enough. If he wasn't then he wouldn't even be in the squad right now.

Reactions: cjn
So, the best way for Phil to replace David is to be sent to another club away from him?

A club that plays differently to how City play. Potentially in a different division. Amongst players nowhere near the same level as David and those around him.

Don't think that's a good idea. He's fine where he is.

Lets see what will happen next season.

Needs to be coming on when we're 2-0 up, no questions asked. He's one of the most talented players I've ever seen at his age group. Pep says the same, but if he can't get minutes against Palace when we're looking pretty comfortable, what are we doing? He's not some average player who needs nursing through a game. I honestly don't think we'd see a big, if any, drop-off in performance.

I still don't understand why he didn't play against Wolves after the goal v Shaktar surely it would have been the ideal time.
Every time you think the big breakthrough has come Pep pulls the plug on it again.

Needs to be coming on when we're 2-0 up, no questions asked. He's one of the most talented players I've ever seen at his age group. Pep says the same, but if he can't get minutes against Palace when we're looking pretty comfortable, what are we doing? He's not some average player who needs nursing through a game. I honestly don't think we'd see a big, if any, drop-off in performance.
He might even contribute a goal or two!

He might even contribute a goal or two!
Maybe I'm being biased but he's put in several MOTM performances in the cup games, scored in the CL when goals were tight (Yes we dominated but was struggling to put them away), scored against Spurs which was pivotal to our Premier League title, and has a good goals-to-minutes ratio for a CM/CAM, especially at youth level.

Not saying he needs to start every game, which could actually be detrimental to his progress, but if we're winning games against mid-table opposition, he's got to get minutes. Saturday was perfect opportunity and he got 70-odd seconds. It's insulting.

I don't expect him to start tomorrow, but I'd like to see him either get a start or a decent amount of minutes off the bench on Saturday. I'd be shocked if he didn't start against Southampton next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.