Mobility scooters/ crutch walkers whats going on

If I had ten bob for every unbased claim that people feign disability I'd be a millionaire by now, and that's not an exaggeration, But seriously using prosthetics to walk isn't a new thing it's just that they are more widely available, as are those golf buggy riders. It's brilliant that we have the tools to help people get about.

Everywhere i look people are on crutches or mobility scooters, growing up in the 70's 80's 90's etc can honestly say can't really remember many about apart from people carrying sports injuries etc.
Just have a look around when your about today surprising how many you will see,
The thing is I'm not discriminating against people who generally need them but there every fucking where.

The technology probably didn't exist back then so disabled people stayed at home.

Yes you are discriminating

I love seeing these people on mobility scooters having a fag or vaping and then seeing a couple of them parked outside the local pub. I think illnesses like obesity and a bit of back pain and the medical staff throw these scooters out like confetti.
What I have noticed is that 99.9% of mobility scooter users seem to be miserable, overweight fat cunts.
Uncanny that.

Disabled people can smoke and have a pint when they want. Medical staff do not give people these scooters they are paid for out of either DLA or PIP

Nailed it. Lazy fuckers who never heed a doctor's dietary and lifestyle advice. They then end up fat, lame and miserable but by then it's too late to get em on broccoli and a treadmill because that would be cruel, upsetting and against their human rights so the GP has no option but to sign them off on invalidity because he himself has found the toll of 900 hour weeks in his surgery has led to a morphine and amphetamine dependency which is becoming increasingly difficult to manage. It's a sad state of affairs and since the schools sold off all their fields to build takeaways the next generation of kids are doomed to inactiveness and obesity.

And your medical qualifications are?

It is not against anybodies humans rights for a doctor to advise that a patient should exercise where possible. A doctor can not sign you off on invalidity, that is nonsense.

There's genuine need for Blackpool Buggati's, yet I've seen these scooter places just taking the cash for any fucker to use them.

Some ignorant cunts use them as well.

I thought better of you comrade

So how are we to discourage them, they're taking over.

You want to discourage disabled people from having a life. What a charming **** you are

A mate of mine came in our club one night with a small walking stick i asked him why he had it he said £35 quid a week i get for having this and laughed within a month there must have been 20 of the fuckers coming in with em.

Your mate was lying, you do not get £35 a week for having a walking stick, tell him he is a liar.

If I had ten bob for every unbased claim that people feign disability I'd be a millionaire by now, and that's not an exaggeration, But seriously using prosthetics to walk isn't a new thing it's just that they are more widely available, as are those golf buggy riders. It's brilliant that we have the tools to help people get about.

I would be a millionaire too. People who cannot see an obvious disability assume that no disability exists.

You stick to the brexit forum plenty of idiotic posts on there:)

The Brexit thread has 100 times more brains and empathy than this sad sorry state of a thread. It is fucking shameful.

The bullying and abuse of disabled people has been on the rise now for a number of years and reading this I can see why, what a bunch of ignorant fuckers.

The technology probably didn't exist back then so disabled people stayed at home.

Yes you are discriminating

Disabled people can smoke and have a pint when they want. Medical staff do not give people these scooters they are paid for out of either DLA or PIP

And your medical qualifications are?

It is not against anybodies humans rights for a doctor to advise that a patient should exercise where possible. A doctor can not sign you off on invalidity, that is nonsense.

I thought better of you comrade

You want to discourage disabled people from having a life. What a charming **** you are

Your mate was lying, you do not get £35 a week for having a walking stick, tell him he is a liar.

I would be a millionaire too. People who cannot see an obvious disability assume that no disability exists.

The Brexit thread has 100 times more brains and empathy than this sad sorry state of a thread. It is fucking shameful.

The bullying and abuse of disabled people has been on the rise now for a number of years and reading this I can see why, what a bunch of ignorant fuckers.
Apologies Rascal.

I know there's genuine need for them and in my work place it's an issue with getting them on rolling stock not built for them. There's a shop opposite Skegness station which hires them out to anybody and I had an issue with some lads piss taking on them last night around the station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies Rascal.

I know there's genuine need for them and in my work place it's an issue with getting them on rolling stock not built for them. There's a shop opposite Skegness station which hires them out to anybody and I had an issue with some lads piss taking on them last night around the station.
Apologies Rascal.

If you read my post again i will think you will see i have said there is a need for them if people have mobility needs. But the amount i see today has become somewhat suspicious

There's a shopping centre near us that I sometimes take the kids to when I need to balance out getting in some supplies and keeping little ones occupied. Over the past year its become pretty annoying because of those scooters - some of them move pretty speedily, and as mentioned above most of the people on them are pretty miserable and grumble at pedestrians as they shoot past for getting in their way. Supposedly there are 2 classes of mobility scoooter, those that do 4mph for paths only and those that do double that and can travel on roads. Some of the buggers are clearly flying around at 8mph in a pedestrianised area, doesn't seem much until it's full weight runs over your toe.

Whilst you can't take away anyone right to access such public areas, I do feel that a degree of education is needed about how to drive the bloody things (and like much of modern society, having a bit of consideration for others around you). No idea how you police that one though, pedestrians can go as fast as they like after all but at least most are not 100 kg metal machines with limited manouverability.

There's also a guy who lives on our road who insists as he's on wheels that his scooter uses the road which aparently is ok for the ones that can go 8mph, but I worry for him as he's quite old and frail and there are some right berks driving around our roads. But then again I can understand it as you get the pavemaent parking brigade whio seem intent on forcing babies in prams and the disabled onto the roads regardless, leaving a gnat's fart of space between their car and a wall. After all, they only need to leave space on the driver's side!

In short, too may selfish buggers in society today.
Just give pedestrians government issue electric cattle prods to retaliate with. It'll encourage thoughtful scooter use while increasing the average pedestrians cardiac activity as they chase after the bastards.

Just give pedestrians government issue electric cattle prods to retaliate with. It'll encourage thoughtful scooter use while increasing the average pedestrians cardiac activity as they chase after the bastards.

Could I use the cattle prod on the elderly too? Gee the fuckers up a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.