Great songs by 'uncool' acts

Must concur, this is the best selection yet. Great tune by a completely uncool band, dismissed thusly by my favorite music critic Robert Christgau:

"The Waterboys -- how could they be 'U2 imitators'? They're from Scotland. Pompous as hell, too."

Ironically I saw them open for U2 on the Unforgettable Fire tour and they weren't half bad.

Must concur, this is the best selection yet. Great tune by a completely uncool band, dismissed thusly by my favorite music critic Robert Christgau:

"The Waterboys -- how could they be 'U2 imitators'? They're from Scotland. Pompous as hell, too."

Ironically I saw them open for U2 on the Unforgettable Fire tour and they weren't half bad.
U2 used the song as an intro before coming on stage in Dublin a couple of years ago.....

Hahahaha

Admit it, you like it though

I was actually at the filming of the video. Rivoli ballroom in Brockley, New Cross. A mate was an electrician on set. I mainly went along to have a gander at Rachel Stevens
Of it's type and of it's time, it is a very, er, well crafted song. Not sure I'd go as far as to say "like" though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.