24 hour party city? Not in my lifetime!!!

blue b4 the moon

Proper fuming, I'm normally home at a reasonable time but due to last night's quiz being called off in the Crown & Anchor Mrs Moon, son & I decided to have a mini crawl resulting in finding out the trams stop much too early & no buses either after 23.50....last time I was caught out was a Sunday over Xmas a couple of years ago when a bank holiday timetable was in operation.

Anyway we gave a lad who'd been working and was stuck in the centre a free lift in our taxi as he had no money & was on our way.

Ended up on the vodka at home with Mrs Moon until 4.00 I was that pissed off.

Rant rant rant!!!!

Last edited:
They need to sort the railway side of things too, was out Friday at a retirement do but left about 8-30 ish, missed the train (Victoria station) by about 30 seconds, the next one was an hour later, luckily there's another station nearby I can use albeit a 40 minute walk away from my house, it was the same when I used to use Piccadilly.

Understandable on a Sunday evening I think, but a Friday evening in a city like Manchester, I think it's pretty poor.

Last time I had a night out in MCR, we got to Piccadilly and our train had been cancelled
Next, and final one for the evening, an hour later
Thankfully this one was in operation otherwise we were finding a hotel
Northern rail are a fucking disaster. How can I even be thankful that a train wasn't cancelled?

Last train back to Preston on a weekend is 11:30pm which is just shite. I was out with work on sat night and as the night just gets going i have to bugger of for the last train.

Always just lived with, knowing it's a taxi if you want to stay out past 11pm, but didn't realise that the trains to the airport also stop overnight which just seems nonsensical.

Got the first morning train once from the airport and a Spanish family had been waiting about 2 hours for the train since their flight landed. Welcome to Manchester indeed! As a mancunian I was embarrassed by that.

Since we up here in the non existent god's own country of Scotland take all the English money, we all have a free private chauffeur and Bentley to cut about to all fucking hours. Add to that our English gold free bar pass, it's a fucking wonder any **** makes their work.

My heart goes out to you all.

Most of these late night trains are cancelled or don't run anymore because of drunken cunts who act like pricks on them either abusing each other or the staff.

Speaking from my own experiences working them. I don't understand why people decide to be cunts as soon as the trains leave the stations. As soon as the yellow vested coppers are out of sight it always kicks off.

Maybe if people behaved these services would return.

Not sure if this is worth a thread of its own but I was doing some thinking the other day about Metrolink funding and was surprised to see that it only has ticket revenue of around £80M a year. That equates to just £70 per household in the GM region. It seems to me that they would be better off sticking everyone's council tax up ~£100 (on avg) and making the Metrolink free. They could charge for the car parks, instead. This would surely boost the economy for businesses, workers and visitors and ticks off the box on environmental targets. Would need some convincing in the areas without a close Met station, though, perhaps free train or bus routes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.