Atalanta (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Atalanta (H) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Pep has learnt from the weekend, Gundo as a holding mid or not in the team at all please.

I liked the fluid back 4 of the weekend. It will be interesting to see if Stones comes back in and if he does who drops out. I suspect Stones was part rested with this game in mind, with some rotation I predict a back 4 of:

Zinchenko, Stones, Fernandinho, Cancelo.

Not sure on the rest - Mahrez and Aguero back in maybe.

Atalanta are third in the league behind Juve and Inter and ahead of Napoli. I agree that their performances so far have been surprising...we will have to see which team will turn up tomorrow.

I think it helps us if they feel they have a decent chance of scoring. The more open the game the better our chances.

Given the 13 goals they've shipped in just 8 league games (albeit scoring 21) I doubt they know how. They're the league top scorers but you have to go down to 16th and lower to find the teams who have conceded more. This on paper at least should be a cricket score for us.
A modern day Newcastle United then..
Personally I think it's a hard game for us.
We want to do well in this competition so I expect us to win by a couple of goals at least.
If we score early and their heads go down the margin may well be wider..

Just seen the first big batch of Atalanta fans arrive at Piccadilly (maybe 100 or so).

Looked a really good demographic, plenty of older people and women, and few younger ones (a big difference to Zagreb!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.