#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we forget that Walker can't defend either

He’s a physical phenomenon with world class pace / acceleration that never gets injured at 6 feet tall. In a Guardiola side that’s all you really need from a defensive standpoint at fullback.

Once Joao settles I think he’s an upgrade in totality but from my perspective it’s incredible what Walker does and that’s coming from somebody who wasn’t worried at all about conceding with Fern/Rodri in the place prematch thread.

It’s a shame that we never really had any attacking threats from the two positions under Pep. Really hoping Mendy stays fit and Joao can adapt quickly.

He’s a physical phenomenon with world class pace / acceleration that never gets injured at 6 feet tall. In a Guardiola side that’s all you really need from a defensive standpoint at fullback.

Once Joao settles I think he’s an upgrade in totality but from my perspective it’s incredible what Walker does and that’s coming from somebody who wasn’t worried at all about conceding with Fern/Rodri in the place prematch thread.

It’s a shame that we never really had any attacking threats from the two positions under Pep. Really hoping Mendy stays fit and Joao can adapt quickly.
We never see it because up until this season because outside of mendy we have no attacking fullbacks now we have three

First choice for me now. Just hope Pep gives him a long run in the team so he can really build some momentum.

He is just a better footballer, it is that simple. He may not have the same physical attributes as Walker but everything else is such a massive upgrade.

Better footballer but still not fit enough to dislodge Walker. Hope he plays again on Tuesday to build up his stamina.

Given his form for the past 12 months we could replace Walker with a rotting corpse and be no worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.