#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEP on @PhilFoden He doesn't have to prove anything to me. He wouldn't be here with us otherwise. I was the guy who told him to come and train with us. No-one trusts Phil more than me. The other ones didn't play. I am sorry, I am the boss so I decide.

Anybody who thinks David Silva should start ahead of Foden needs to see a shrink. Cancello for Walker, Bernardo for Mahrez, Foden for Merlin and we will be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Pep Guardiola on whether City fine players for red cards and whether Phil Foden will be fined: "Maybe I'll have to pay him for how well he played." [via @SamLee]

Pep Guardiola: "What is important for Phil [Foden] is not the red card, but how he played." [via @andyhampson]

great game

forget the red card (two yellows) - he will learn from the disappointment of it and the first was exceptionally soft.

He had a great game - got one assist and should have had two if Sterling had finished his one on one.

That ref couldnt wait to get his red card out , the first was never a booking and the second i have seen plenty of players get away with , there was no consistency with that dickhead ref tonight , their players where coming through back of our players all night and he booked only two of them . Refs are human beings and you can expect mistakesbut why are we continually on the wrong side of their mistakes is the issue and exactly why we show no respect UEFA for their pathetic anthem, Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Foden showed tonight he is ready to step up when required , and i think he is going to work his way into the starting eleven this season.

I’ve been hesitant to say it because I trust the progression plan but the youngster is ready for big minutes this season. He has all the intangibles that you need to succeed at a world class club. I’m all for the slower roll out this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.