Glasgow ... WOW very surprised.

We were in Skye earlier this year, Dunkeld, Inverness, Glencoe, Pitlochry, Loch Earn, Perth, Fort William, Largs, Millport.

There is nowhere in England that comes remotely close, the Lake District doesn't have the scale or the majesty.
Millport's a strange one pleasant enough place to visit in the summer but not exactly top spot for a tourist destination. Used to go there when the weans were young but not now.

Millport's a strange one pleasant enough place to visit in the summer but not exactly top spot for a tourist destination. Used to go there when the weans were young but not now.

Purely nostalgic for me, mate.

Used to go their with my gran and papa and get the ferry across and play on crocodile rock.

I did it with the wife and kids a couple years back in the summer and it was punishing cold, rain and gales.

Oh, how they moaned. We ended up sat in a bus shelter looking out on to the water and eating Scotch pies from the butcher across the road.

Sometimes it's the simple things in life and always good for kids to get a regular reality check.

Purely nostalgic for me, mate.

Used to go their with my gran and papa and get the ferry across and play on crocodile rock.

I did it with the wife and kids a couple years back in the summer and it was punishing cold, rain and gales.

Oh, how they moaned. We ended up sat in a bus shelter looking out on to the water and eating Scotch pies from the butcher across the road.

Sometimes it's the simple things in life and always good for kids to get a regular reality check.
Hope they had a great time, I'm from Manc but live near Millport, an acquired taste.

You certainly can. Nardini's, the original one.

They also have one in the centre of St Andrews and Glasgow West End.

Interesting fact - Sharleen Spiteri of Texas fame.

That's her family.

Not sure she is the same branch, Sharleen is Maltese and the Nardinis are Italian. The actress Daniela Nardini (This Life) is definitely one of the Nardini clan though

I was brought up in Millport ,born 1948, the place was thriving and very busy until the cheap Spanish trips started and folk began to go abroad.The real downturn started when Cal Mac decided in 1970s to put on a car ferry to the north east of the island and the possibility to shop on the mainland became easy.The cars also came loaded with the families needs for the holiday and the shops began to shut.The town now survives on day trippers and weekenders and occasional festivals,like the country and western and scooter rally.For a FOC like me it's sad to see the place now

Has anybody ever asked you if you'd had a piece and shite for your breakfast?

If not I'm assuming you have good breath, this phrase/question in Glasgow is usually reserved for someone who has bad breath :-)

Heard that the club is sending the cups up to Glasgow with some ambassadors for photo opportunities. Does anyone have any information?

I have only been to Glasgow a few times, but on each occasion it has been pissing down with rain.

So you came up in the summer then? Sleet and snow at all other times so it must have been. Why we spend so much time in boozers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.