Cinema etiquette, what would you do?

Blue Maverick

Going these days is a nightmare from people talking, on their phones, to eating 3 course meals, no one seems to go just to watch a film how it should be watched. I often go to the earliest showing during the day as the screens usually have very few people in. However a couple of times including today something else has come up, today there was guy with Tourettes and some form of disability throughout the film he’s was making loud noises and banging the floor with his feet, a few weeks ago there was another disabled person who throughout the Joker particularly after very tense scenes would make all manner of noises at the top of his voice. What are you supposed to do, if this was someone talking etc you could have a word or even get the manger involved, however you these days come across as a twat because they are disabled and we are supposed tolerate everyone.
Do I walk out ask for a refund? How would you stand on that, I’m limited to when I can go due to show times.

We went to watch the joker last week. Just after the put your phone away message some daft cow couple of seats down starts taking selfies - flash light and all. Turns out telling her to put that fucking thing away isn’t socially acceptable anymore.

To your point - I’d ask for a refund.

Going these days is a nightmare from people talking, on their phones, to eating 3 course meals, no one seems to go just to watch a film how it should be watched. I often go to the earliest showing during the day as the screens usually have very few people in. However a couple of times including today something else has come up, today there was guy with Tourettes and some form of disability throughout the film he’s was making loud noises and banging the floor with his feet, a few weeks ago there was another disabled person who throughout the Joker particularly after very tense scenes would make all manner of noises at the top of his voice. What are you supposed to do, if this was someone talking etc you could have a word or even get the manger involved, however you these days come across as a twat because they are disabled and we are supposed tolerate everyone.
Do I walk out ask for a refund? How would you stand on that, I’m limited to when I can go due to show times.
I went to watch Valkyrie in a cinema in Baisingstoke a few years ago, and there was a guy in there with Tourettes. It wasn't constant noise, but he did get exited during the tense bits.

Not really a lot you can do to be honest. They are as entitled to be there as anyone else and shouldn't be persecuted due to their disability.

Cattle prod. See the mobility scooter thread.

I went to watch Valkyrie in a cinema in Baisingstoke a few years ago, and there was a guy in there with Tourettes. It wasn't constant noise, but he did get exited during the tense bits.

Not really a lot you can do to be honest. They are as entitled to be there as anyone else and shouldn't be persecuted due to their disability.
Not saying they should be persecuted but if you go to management saying you want a refund because of it I wonder what they will say?

You're lucky, the usherette made the man next to me get his 10 inch cock out, to prove that he wasn't stealing a jumbo hotdog.

Last edited:
just unlucky if someone has a disability so you definately can not complain on that basis.

But i agree, often find cinema a horrible experience, only takes someone to be eating a couple rows behind and i get fu*ked off.

best advice is to book the front row of the second tier, go during the day or very late at night and not on a weekend.

We went to watch the joker last week. Just after the put your phone away message some daft cow couple of seats down starts taking selfies - flash light and all. Turns out telling her to put that fucking thing away isn’t socially acceptable anymore.

To your point - I’d ask for a refund.
I strongly believe the law should be changed to make it legal to insert people like that into a mincing machine. The benefits to society would significantly outweigh the pain and distress caused to the twat in question and their family.

When I went to see Joker last week, can’t have been more than 10 people in there, yet at least 3 or 4 within my vicinity made so much fucking noise eating their sweets and crisps it was completely ridiculous. Sets my OCD off no end, wanted to fill the bastards in. My constant looking round at them seemed to have limited effect too even though I was making it as noticeable as possible.

I like the cattle prod suggestion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.