Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

Light touch, glide the razor over the skin and let the weight of its head do the work.

One pass shave is better than any gillete shit.

4 pass shave for a baby smooth that she will love ;-)
I get what you're saying but I have no confidence to even try those blades mate. The old BIC single blades were brutal, and I tried Aldi own brand 5 blade razors. Those were really bad, cut me to bits.

Gillette blades are the best blades I've used. Second best are Cornerstone.

If you wet shave then this is all you will ever need.

Close and minimal irritation due to a single blade as multi blade razors do nothing but push hairs into the skin causing ingrowing hairs, spots, rashes.

Good quality shave soap as well, not the shit foam and gel in a can.

Shaving-Brush-Lather-DE-Razor.jpg

Let the weight of the head do the work, easy.

Right, this isn't the brexit thread so you and I really need to get our shit together now and start disagreeing.

That said, this is the best advice. A decent single blade (feather from Japan are excellent, as are Derby blades), good quality shave soap (Taylor's of Old Bond Street is superb, Proraso menthol - available online - is also very decent) and a decent boar or badger hair brush is the best shave you can have.

Shave 3 times. With the grain, across the grain, and against the grain them finish off with a good quality post shave Balm or cream. Proraso again do a brilliant "Barber shop pre/post shave cream" which immediately calms down your skin.

I now only use multi blades for speed when I'm late for work .

If you wet shave then this is all you will ever need.
Close and minimal irritation due to a single blade as multi blade razors do nothing but push hairs into the skin causing ingrowing hairs, spots, rashes.
Good quality shave soap as well, not the shit foam and gel in a can.
Shaving-Brush-Lather-DE-Razor.jpg

Let the weight of the head do the work, easy.
think of the badgers though....:(

Right, this isn't the brexit thread so you and I really need to get our shit together now and start disagreeing.

That said, this is the best advice. A decent single blade (feather from Japan are excellent, as are Derby blades), good quality shave soap (Taylor's of Old Bond Street is superb, Proraso menthol - available online - is also very decent) and a decent boar or badger hair brush is the best shave you can have.

Shave 3 times. With the grain, across the grain, and against the grain them finish off with a good quality post shave Balm or cream. Proraso again do a brilliant "Barber shop pre/post shave cream" which immediately calms down your skin.

I now only use multi blades for speed when I'm late for work .

This!

£60/£70 quid will give you a shave kit that will last a lifetime, literally.

Gillette, the best a man can get my arse.

Merkur DE razor, quality boar hair brush is all you need.

when 7-o-clock blades were "the" blade, Wilkinson's Sword came along and out-performed them on sharpness and longevity by quite a stretch. Inevitably swallowed up by a yank outfit, ended up dearer and less durable, the same outfit now behind the "Harry's" venture. Like fashion, health-care and most things aimed at consumers, the "new big thing" is not always better, but as long as sales get a boost, who cares. Designed-in obsolescence needs tackling if the planet really is at risk imo, millions of vehicles scrapped yearly due to the car lobby dictating to governments what constitutes "safety issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.