Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's also a fair point, there will certainly more obstacles down the road, and the team will go through trying times once or twice this season and I'm intrigued, same as you, to see how the players but more importantly the manager handles it.

The early signs suggest that I have nothing to worry about - just little things like how they saw the game out last night, keeping Ajax penned in in their own half in the final 15 minutes, and particularly after the goal showed me this team has the necessary nous and game intelligence to weather any troubling periods down the road.
23rd November!
*rubs hands*

That's also a fair point, there will certainly more obstacles down the road, and the team will go through trying times once or twice this season and I'm intrigued, same as you, to see how the players but more importantly the manager handles it.

The early signs suggest that I have nothing to worry about - just little things like how they saw the game out last night, keeping Ajax penned in in their own half in the final 15 minutes, and particularly after the goal showed me this team has the necessary nous and game intelligence to weather any troubling periods down the road.

Lampard will handle anything he was one hell of a player and if doesn't move on his managerial beliefs he will be fine if the club stick with him through the bad times.

Very impressed by Chelsea's youngsters this season. Should help them save a lot of cash in the future. Interestingly, Pulisic is the one that cost so much money and he hasn't kicked on as well as the academy lads. I did see Lampard's comments about him and focusing on the long-term rather than the short term. Super Frank seems to be handling the man management very well.

The more I listen to UK based football podcasts the more I hear that Chelsea are becoming the new Spurs aka darlings of the media/fans filled with "young English talent" and not so bad to have a former England "great" who plays youth.

On the latest Football Weekly pod, Frida Fagerlund waxed lyrical about what stood out most from CL this week and said Chelsea. That was what stood out most of all the CL fixtures? Hmm...Something sounds like she's a supporter.

Not saying they're not doing well, but just keep an eye out for hyperbole.

Of course, if they had no transfer ban this would never be happening, but they are a work in progress IMO.

The more I listen to UK based football podcasts the more I hear that Chelsea are becoming the new Spurs aka darlings of the media/fans filled with "young English talent" and not so bad to have a former England "great" who plays youth.

On the latest Football Weekly pod, Frida Fagerlund waxed lyrical about what stood out most from CL this week and said Chelsea. That was what stood out most of all the CL fixtures? Hmm...Something sounds like she's a supporter.

Not saying they're not doing well, but just keep an eye out for hyperbole.

Of course, if they had no transfer ban this would never be happening, but they are a work in progress IMO.

I mean, to be fair, beating Ajax away with 4 academy players, one more coming off the bench, with a clean sheet is pretty eye catching :)

Especially considering the fact Ajax hadn't lost a single game the CL semis last season.

Very impressed by Chelsea's youngsters this season. Should help them save a lot of cash in the future. Interestingly, Pulisic is the one that cost so much money and he hasn't kicked on as well as the academy lads. I did see Lampard's comments about him and focusing on the long-term rather than the short term. Super Frank seems to be handling the man management very well.
Were only 9 games in, let's see where they are 25 games in.
Them, Spuds and Dippers are all currently the media darlings, don't get sucked in.

I've followed her short career as a journalist (we support the same national team). She's not where she's at because of her extensive football knowledge..

I find it quite ironic that we're now being labelled media darlings. Chelsea, of all teams, media darlings? What a time to be alive :)

It's the Frankie effect. Media love him. Which is understandable as he comes across as a decent bloke.

What's your view in the reports Roman refused a takeover last summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.