Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

CB-C01-21012019-gilette_large.jpg

Hardly mate
I worked in the household and toiletry wholesale sector for five years so had ample opportunity to try various products, single, double, triple blade razors, shave foams, gels, soap and a brush, lots of different after shave balms, so I've had a go at everything, cheap and expensive

I'll tell you what didn't work for me, shave oil, shave cream and non foaming shave gel

Don't forget to get an alum block for those little nicks. One small block lasts for ages .

If you don't cut yourself you still use them as it helps take the heat out of your skin and you can use them to tell you where you have shaved too aggressively as it will sting like hell in those areas.

Once you swap you won't be able to go back to gel in a tin/multi-blade razors.

You'll never feel as clean either.

Ace - been in need for some good shaving advice (although I have a permo stubble, so just for the neck and part of the cheeks...I itch far too much after shaving but really it's justy I prefer the look). Recommened a good Merkur Razor (there's a few models out there) that's not too pricey?
What about for the 'boys in the barracks below'?

Ace - been in need for some good shaving advice (although I have a permo stubble, so just for the neck and part of the cheeks...I itch far too much after shaving but really it's justy I prefer the look). Recommened a good Merkur Razor (there's a few models out there) that's not too pricey?
What about for the 'boys in the barracks below'?

I use a long handle straight with a heavy head as the slant is very aggressive.

https://www.traditionalshaving.co.u...le-38C-Safety-Razor-Chrome-4045284012413.html

Search around for deals mate but you wont go wrong.

Shorter handle just as good, its a case of preference tbh.

Brilliant. Great tips above...I like a good routine in this day and age of digital short cuts.
Saw some sandalwood shaving soap (Taylors - not sure if any good but that's one of my favourite smells), a wonder bowl and need to source a decent brush (plus the other stuff mentioned in this thread). Here I go down yet another rabbit hole!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.