Manchester Airport Parking Charge

Good Morning bluemooners,

In all my time driving, I have never had a single parking ticket or charge notice. Last night I was collecting my mum from Manchester Airport and she was delayed over 3.5hrs. This involved a lot of sitting around and waiting for her to arrive. At 8pm I pulled up onto the Wythenshawe Estate to get a drink from a shop. I pulled up outside a house on Cornishway, near to the junction with Shadowmoss Rd to check my phone and the flight was on its final approach and due to land. I sat there for around 4/5 minutes when all of a sudden there was 3 bright flashes right in front of the car. To my amazement a parking officer (insert any expletives here) was stood there taking pictures of my car, he then sprinted away around 15 metres from the car and took another picture. I pulled up and asked him what on earth is he doing, his reply " you've got a parking ticket mate, you've been done". I Asked him what on earth is he talking about I wasn't parked, I was stopped at the side of the road for a few minutes. He started to print a ticket from a machine and he said "don't think about driving off I will just post it to you". I did drive off and I watched his walk off and he got into a van and drove off.

Has anyone got any experience of this sort of behavior around the airport at all? For all he knew I could have been collecting something from a house I was parked outside. I'm fuming to say the least. I'm all for people who park in disabled/parent and child spaces to be given a ticket, but pulled up outside a house on a residential street for 5 minutes to check when a flight is due to land is absolutely ridiculous! Where I was parked isn't part of Manchester Airport or its boundaries, its a street around 1 mile from the airport.

Good Morning Rick, In the past I have fortunately had 2 PCN's overturned and have recently taken on four litigation cases being successful in all included a full refund/replacement on a Grandlander Sport and an OLED TV so will do my best to assist or at least offer snippets of advice on your dreadful predicament. Can you elaborate further as to your exact location on google earth so I can advise accordingly. The only DYL I can see is at the junction of Shadowmoss and Cornishway. Double Yellow Lines are in operation 24/7 and do not require a time plate indicating no waiting at any time. You mentioned the issuing officer did not attach the PCN to your vehicle and you simply drove away. In some boroughs of Manchester or it's surrounding districts the councils do not consider a vehicle to have been served unless the PCN was attached or touched any part of the vehicle. However a lot of authorities in England do serve by post after a drive away or prevention of issue so you need to establish who runs the parking enforcement for this area and contact them directly posing this question. Also as a general rule enforcement operatives will only issue after 2 minutes full observation on a double yellow line with time stamped pictures taken on first observation and second observations prior to issue to confirm so did this happen ?

Good Morning Rick, In the past I have fortunately had 2 PCN's overturned and have recently taken on four litigation cases being successful in all included a full refund/replacement on a Grandlander Sport and an OLED TV so will do my best to assist or at least offer snippets of advice on your dreadful predicament. Can you elaborate further as to your exact location on google earth so I can advise accordingly. The only DYL I can see is at the junction of Shadowmoss and Cornishway. Double Yellow Lines are in operation 24/7 and do not require a time plate indicating no waiting at any time. You mentioned the issuing officer did not attach the PCN to your vehicle and you simply drove away. In some boroughs of Manchester or it's surrounding districts the councils do not consider a vehicle to have been served unless the PCN was attached or touched any part of the vehicle. However a lot of authorities in England do serve by post after a drive away or prevention of issue so you need to establish who runs the parking enforcement for this area and contact them directly posing this question. Also as a general rule enforcement operatives will only issue after 2 minutes full observation on a double yellow line with time stamped pictures taken on first observation and second observations prior to issue to confirm so did this happen ?

Hi and thank you for your post. The exact location where I had pulled up, head North on Shadowmoss and turn left into Cornishway. The first pair of houses on your left that's where I was parked.

* I didn't see anyone take a first set of pictures, however they may have done as I was busy checking to see if the flight had landed.
* The officer (prick) did not issue anything or touch my vehicle at any point, he tried to keep me there but as the ticket was printing, that's when I drove away.
* I don't know who it was/will be issuing the ticket as the vehicle was a silver unmarked transit type vehicle, which funnily enough had a headlight out!

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

We flew in from Dublin in Sept and my mate picked us up at the airport. We were standing outside when we saw him drive up. We ran over to his car, jumped in and drove off (no suitcases to put in the boot). When he tried to exit the machine said 100 quid. The bloke on the other end of the speaker said he would knock it down to 30 if he was willing to pay it now. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Hi and thank you for your post. The exact location where I had pulled up, head North on Shadowmoss and turn left into Cornishway. The first pair of houses on your left that's where I was parked.

* I didn't see anyone take a first set of pictures, however they may have done as I was busy checking to see if the flight had landed.
* The officer (prick) did not issue anything or touch my vehicle at any point, he tried to keep me there but as the ticket was printing, that's when I drove away.
* I don't know who it was/will be issuing the ticket as the vehicle was a silver unmarked transit type vehicle, which funnily enough had a headlight out!

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

Ring Manchester council for clarification on their own procedure regarding the correct issuance of a PCN. Sounds like the operative may have been trying to stall in order to attach the ticket to your vehicle but obviously mere conjecture at this stage. As mentioned some boroughs will issue by post on a drive off or prevention of issue but do check before you pay the fine. It's only a phone call.

You should have jumped out of the car, pulled the carjack out of the boot and stoved his head in with it.
A mate of mine beckoned a traffic warden to speak up saying he was hard of hearing. The warden popped his head inside the car and he wound the window up to give him a piece of his mind for being a jobsworth. (was before CCTV could be used to Incrimiate someone) He then wound the window down and drove off leaving the poor **** gasping for breath.

A mate of mine beckoned a traffic warden to speak up saying he was hard of hearing. The warden popped his head inside the car and he wound the window up to give him a piece of his mind for being a jobsworth. (was before CCTV could be used to Incrimiate someone) He then wound the window down and drove off leaving the poor **** gasping for breath.

When can I meet this gentleman. I would like to buy him a drink.

Some are cunts. But some are just doing their job if you park illegally expect the consequences?? Not all are twats some motorists are just as bad with the abuse they give them, even if they are in the wrong

We flew in from Dublin in Sept and my mate picked us up at the airport. We were standing outside when we saw him drive up. We ran over to his car, jumped in and drove off (no suitcases to put in the boot). When he tried to exit the machine said 100 quid. The bloke on the other end of the speaker said he would knock it down to 30 if he was willing to pay it now. Seems a bit excessive to me.
£100 for what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.