Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does anyone know, perhaps Prestwich Blue, if we can count revenue from this venue towards football club income (and help with FFP). Presumably this development will make it easier for us to generate corporate income from joint football/music packages, especially if we build a hotel and attract more tourists. We could also use the indoor venue to sell food and drink to City fans on match days ( a sort of deluxe box park set-up). The venue will actually be joined to the main stadium North Stand won't it? This could be a huge advantage for us against our commercial rivals, especially the Rags. What about joint season tickets for music and football? It looks like a game-changer for us.
Yes we can. Although I'd expect that to change once we do start counting it!

We can add revenue from anything we own in the immediate area of the stadium. But we'd have to own it.

According OVG they are funding the arena, not City.

So any income for City will probably be limited to land rent and maybe a small % of the arena revenue, which I doubt very much.

I can’t see City making that much out of the proposed arena.

And you wonder why it's nicknamed the Daily Fail.

Stadium?

They can"t even get that right. Journalist?

Manchester City 'start planning for new £300m, 21,000-capacity stadium to be built next to the Etihad which will hold concerts, NBA games and UFC events'

Well at least they’re proposing some things. City do nothing. OVG are looking at shuttle buses to and from the arena. A number of us have been saying City should put these on for years (well before the Sheikh even came to us!)

What the board members of City and OVG should do is use the Met on a match day just to experience what it’s like both before and especially after games (especially night games). That’s the only way they’ll get a real understanding of what they’re up against.

The transport strategy seems to be to walk, back to Victorian times!

The transport strategy seems to be to walk, back to Victorian times!
That is correct. Whether you regard that as progress I don't know.

Here is some interesting analysis which confirms your point of view. It's not entirely up to date. My impression is that the number of cars in the City centre has fallen significantly in the last 18 months as the Oxford Rd corridor opened.

LzBdl9V.png

Here is a graphic which details projected population growth. See panel on the left regarding the City Centre population.

That is the context for public transport in Manchester and why there is a shift from car to walking and cycling. The crane count tells its own tale. There is a surge in people living, working and studying in the City Centre. Students are moving from Fallowfield into the City centre. That means that the City centre transport in focused less on the car.

This has a knock on effect for CIty fans as we of course use Manchester's transport infrastructure. Basically if you a car driver, then the City council does not really want you (my interpretation not theirs, they want you out of the car, and onto your bike, feet, or the bus).

yOQqJJ9.png

Potential solution if there is a North Stand Expansion, and transport is an issue in 2-3 years time:

Give Seasoncard holders an option to buy discounted travel on the buses, and make more buses available. Get Stagecoach staff to load more than 1-2 buses at a time.

I am not convinced that there actually is a problem beyond car drivers, and tram users, but if there is, this is what I would do

Last edited:
According OVG they are funding the arena, not City.

So any income for City will probably be limited to land rent and maybe a small % of the arena revenue, which I doubt very much.

I can’t see City making that much out of the proposed arena.

Sorry if I’m being a bit daft here, but if City aren’t going to make much money out of it why are they allowing it to be built?

Sorry if I’m being a bit daft here, but if City aren’t going to make much money out of it why are they allowing it to be built?
I don't know what deals we have with them, but we must get at least half the ground rent, no idea what that is but won’t be peanuts.

It’ll make a whole range of facilities on the site sustainable- such as restaurants, coffee shops etc.... with events 3 or 4 times each week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.