Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A vital individual like all of the squad to the fortunes of the team and when he is on his game he is instrumental in participating in the wins we get.

We have 4 players down two of them long term injuries and Rodri now out for maybe a month or more ( hopefully a low grade strain or at worst tear ) so every body will have to play their part as we play 2 times a week now for sometime before the Christmas splash.

No point getting down on one player or the next everyone is doing what they can to give us as many wins as possible each season , this year it might not be good enough to obtain the trophy haul in the past two seasons but given who we bought in and who we lost it would not be a surprise.

A vital individual like all of the squad to the fortunes of the team and when he is on his game he is instrumental in participating in the wins we get.

We have 4 players down two of them long term injuries and Rodri now out for maybe a month or more ( hopefully a low grade strain or at worst tear ) so every body will have to play their part as we play 2 times a week now for sometime before the Christmas splash.

No point getting down on one player or the next everyone is doing what they can to give us as many wins as possible each season , this year it might not be good enough to obtain the trophy haul in the past two seasons but given who we bought in and who we lost it would not be a surprise.

Very sensible conclusion, but it would appear that many of our players get criticism ( often unjustified imo ) on the BM forum . Circumstances such as injuries etc do not seem to register as genuine reasons why the performances might be below the best.

I don't go on other clubs sites, but we appear to have a number of hyper critical fans in our midst .

It seems to have got worse the better the team has got incredibly .

And yes I have expressed my frustration with players , but not written them off as shit like many do.

He ran the game for me last night, my MOTM.

He’s a brilliant defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker!

That’s why I wouldn’t have signed Rodri - Gundogan’s spent 3 years filling gaps and deserved a permanent place in the team, and plays that role better than anybody in the league IMO. Understated masterclass every time.
Eeeh! Gundogan who isn't the most athletic is gonna turn 30 in a year and change, Rodri is 22. Yeah, signing Rodri was a no-brainer. Even if Gundogan was balling out.

this thread changes like night and day week after week. i don't pay enough attention to know if the haters are consistently the same people but he really isn't that hot or cold of a player. a solid 7 most weeks. does not excel next silva, true. will be big for us this next month without rodri

this thread changes like night and day week after week. i don't pay enough attention to know if the haters are consistently the same people but he really isn't that hot or cold of a player. a solid 7 most weeks. does not excel next silva, true.
this thread changes like night and day week after week. i don't pay enough attention to know if the haters are consistently the same people but he really isn't that hot or cold of a player. a solid 7 most weeks. does not excel next silva, true.
He seems to be the easiest player to blame if we don't win. He's not our best player but he's not terrible either he just seems to be the one people take their frustrations out on for some reason

He seems to be the easiest player to blame if we don't win. He's not our best player but he's not terrible either he just seems to be the one people take their frustrations out on for some reason

i would say out of all the squad he is one of two or 3 weaker links - the others being Mendy and Ottomendi

this thread changes like night and day week after week. i don't pay enough attention to know if the haters are consistently the same people but he really isn't that hot or cold of a player. a solid 7 most weeks. does not excel next silva, true. will be big for us this next month without rodri
The difference is Gundo is an often decent enough but sometimes average attacking midfielder, whereas he’s an excellent deep lying midfielder.

You only have to see his level of performance in the second half of last season, where he was probably the best and certainly the most consistent player in the team, playing deep in midfield.

And while he can have some good games in attacking mid, he’s just not at the same level there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.