Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be a problem to Sterling on the left as he rarely attacks the fullback and nearly always cuts inside. Do if anything he should be crying out for a fullback to go on his outside.

happens frequently and Sterling doesn’t make the pass. Would be nice for him if he could develop a relationship with someone there and an understanding. It’s really important I think because the whole value of someone like sterling cutting inside is that there should be space somewhere in behind to slip the ball to a willing runner. Pep once referred to indefensible spaces his system creates and I think the two big zones on either side of the goal right around where the goal line/byline intersects with the 18 yd box are among the most important. When we’re at our best we exploit them regularly.

happens frequently and Sterling doesn’t make the pass. Would be nice for him if he could develop a relationship with someone there and an understanding. It’s really important I think because the whole value of someone like sterling cutting inside is that there should be space somewhere in behind to slip the ball to a willing runner. Pep once referred to indefensible spaces his system creates and I think the two big zones on either side of the goal right around where the goal line/byline intersects with the 18 yd box are among the most important. When we’re at our best we exploit them regularly.

Yeah, no excuse really for him not passing in those situations. We've definitely been getting in those positions to pick someone out across the 6 yard box far less than previous seasons (Watford a side). Most of the time it's been world class crosses from Kev to open teams rather than our usual quick passing style.

Zinchenko being in Barcelona suggests that he's going to be out for a while, so this could be a real opportunity for Angelino and why it was good planning from the club to buy cover.

My concern now is that Pep just continues with Walker on the right and prefers Cancelo on the left.

Really want to see him get a chance to break into this team. Still haven't been impressed by Mendy (which I completely appreciate is down to him being out for so long) and he cannot play 3 games a week.

He's no doubt a shoe in for Southampton in the cup, but I'd like to see him start against Villa this weekend. Surely Mendy can't play again given the amount of games he's consecutively played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.