#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
leads the line really well, and his hold up play is excellent gives us great energy up front
I still maintain he his a winger/centre forward, rather than a striker.

He often looks more comfortable and impactful from the wing, especially on the left.

But I agree with everything you have said — I thought he played very well today, despite not getting on the scoresheet.

It's frustrating and slightly deceptive because it really does feel like he should be scoring more often but in reality he's pretty much exactly where you would expect a young striker playing behind Kun to be at right now.

Sample size for Kun and Jesus under Pep... Kun 10,500 minutes, 105 goals, 100 minutes per goal. Jesus 6150 minutes, 50 goals, 123 minutes per goal. That number really needs to be much closer to 105 / 110 if he's going to take over comfortably for Kun IMO. Over the last season + this one his last 3,000 minutes he's scoring at 111 which seems to be about where the progression needs to be at at this stage.

If he gets that boost in finishing like he should during this season he should be able to push that number closer to the 100 mark. A 60/40 Kun Gabby minutes split this season and 50/50 next year should put us right where we need to be moving into the post kun era.

Jesus is a great player. Aguero is a great player. Nothing wrong with either of them. I think considering they are in and out of the side alternating, they both do a great job when called up on. All strikers miss chances. His header led to Sterling’s goal. It was a great flick on.

He missed a few he should have scored but so has Aguero.

I hope some people on here judge all players to the same standard, we can't say Jesus isn't good enough for misses when Aguero can have days like that too.

Same for Gundogan, its good to analyze how he is doing as a #6 but if your going to criticize and say he is not good enough for things that other players (Rodri) has also not been the best at either then it makes no sense to me.
I agree with the gist of your post but objectively Rodri has been just as secure as a DM as Fern ever was.
IMO this perception is coloured by the fact that players around him started giving silly balls away in transistion situations.
Missing Laporte doesn't help either.

I agree with the gist of your post but objectively Rodri has been just as secure as a DM as Fern ever was.
IMO this perception is coloured by the fact that players around him started giving silly balls away in transistion situations.
Agree with the Laporte part, Rodri has been great, but I don't think he was as good as Dinho in that regards.

Anyways it all comes down to the fact that all 3 players (Gundogan, Rodri, Dinho) offer different qualities in the position. Some are better at some things, and worse at others. NOBODY has been poor in any area imo. We are lucky to have all 3.

Agree with the Laporte part, Rodri has been great, but I don't think he was as good as Dinho in that regards.

Anyways it all comes down to the fact that all 3 players (Gundogan, Rodri, Dinho) offer different qualities in the position. Some are better at some things, and worse at others. NOBODY has been poor in any area imo. We are lucky to have all 3.

Decent discussion to be had there, but in a different thread:

Fernandinho Performances Thread
Rodri Performances Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.