Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see a problem if people want to analyze a players game. I don't think we should be so upset about that, it seems like what a forum should be about.

BUT... we need to be consistent and have the same standards, perhaps Gundogan wasn't perfect in his interceptions (I think he still did well), but everything else he did was really good, and I would say Rodri also hasn't been as good as Dinho at interceptions (almost nobody is) so the standard is probably unfair to begin with. He has other qualities that are better.
Fair enough. But like you said, the standard adjusts with the player.

Man of the matxch Performance, still folks have a 'but'. Had Dihno had the game Gundo had today, it would have been testament to his DM supremacy.

But with Gundogan, it's just a "he did ok today, but" performance.

Oh well :)

He got robbed of that MotM award and completely agree. I've had my fair share of go's at him but he's done nothing but impressed lately (particularly since Rodri dropped to CB). He's seems willing to do the dirty work that's invaluable for us in the position more so now and that yellow he got on the tactical foul was very Fern like. He's fighting to create chances from the position too instead of just passing side to side and I think that's a huge boost for us.

Very happy with Gundogan at the moment :-)

Great finish, AND HE DID A SLIDE TACKLE, fuck me...

Still too many touches at times and randomly stopped in the 1st half and let Villa play past him to counter-attack, and 2 or 3 near hospital passes near the end.

If he did the good bits a lot more consistently and did the bad bits a lot less he'd be immense, instead he's had a fairly decent game, I will say better than Dave but not enough to make me fundamentally change my view.

So I have been far from a Gundo fan boy in the past but fair play, he is showing what a good player he is in that No 6 position. I thought he ran the show today and was Motm. Good goal with flawless technique and didn't shirk the defensive stuff either.

Brilliant performance. He's a brilliant player in that position, hopefully continues to play there and not further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.