Fighting other schools

Now I know this is not schools but it does revolve around youths fighting each other. Does anyone on here remember the Clayton Wars, or if you were from Clayton, the raids?

Now this went on for decades with Newton Heath fighting Clayton on the vale. We are talking hundreds on each side, all fighting over a bridge. It had drugs, alcohol, one on ones, metal bars getting chucked at each other, hero's on motorbikes, stolen cars ragged across the vale and ultimately burnt out, dicing with your life on a train track, the vale getting torched and then police chases.

This seriously went on for years. Seems mad walking around the vale as it is now a peaceful and nice place. But every summer there used to be madness on there.

One day I will write a novel based on it.

I don't remember any of that but I do remember Failsworth would fight with Clayton and Newton Heath.
Some lad called Jarvis got his head stoved in with a golf club if I remember correctly.

Some fantastic battles between William Hulme grammar school for boys and Whaley range girls school.

Frequently had my lacrosse stick stolen.

I went to st Bedes, and we had to stave off attacks from St George's and Burley High. We were lovers not fighters.
Funny thing was on the football pitch we would beat both disrespectfully.
I think we would have been an equal for WHG though, who was the City fullback who went there. ?

I went to st Bedes, and we had to stave off attacks from St George's and Burley High. We were lovers not fighters.
Funny thing was on the football pitch we would beat both disrespectfully.
I think we would have been an equal for WHG though, who was the City fullback who went there. ?

Andy hinchcliffe.

Ashley ward also went.

Now I know this is not schools but it does revolve around youths fighting each other. Does anyone on here remember the Clayton Wars, or if you were from Clayton, the raids?

Now this went on for decades with Newton Heath fighting Clayton on the vale. We are talking hundreds on each side, all fighting over a bridge. It had drugs, alcohol, one on ones, metal bars getting chucked at each other, hero's on motorbikes, stolen cars ragged across the vale and ultimately burnt out, dicing with your life on a train track, the vale getting torched and then police chases.

This seriously went on for years. Seems mad walking around the vale as it is now a peaceful and nice place. But every summer there used to be madness on there.

Yep, did the raids a few times on the Clayton side (rarely at the front line I might add...some absolute lunatics at the front).

Most of the time it was just a bit of excitement as we got chased by the police (as you say, literally hundreds of us).

One time (my last time) we made it across over the train tracks on the Newton Heath side, and then a very large group of newton heathers charged us. An iron bar flew past me, missing my head by about 6 inches. It would have killed me without doubt. I got back across and never looked back.

It's absolutely mental to think what we were doing.

My Grans house backed on to the Vale. Spent many happy summer watching kids run up and down kicking lumps out of each other from the safety of my grans shed roof.
My aunties house backed onto the footy pitches of BrookDale park and watched Newton heath and Failsworth kids chase each other.

My Grans house backed on to the Vale. Spent many happy summer watching kids run up and down kicking lumps out of each other from the safety of my grans shed roof.
My aunties house backed onto the footy pitches of BrookDale park and watched Newton heath and Failsworth kids chase each other.

Did you give us a wave? ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.