Worried about the EDS

Hated John Bond with a passion. He along with Peter Swales put the club back years. He completely ruined the youth policy & set that back years. We was consistently bringing players through to the 1st team & Steve Fleet had a lot to do with that. I think he was winning the old Central League (for reserve teams) year on year. But Bond got rid of him as soon as he took charge just so that he could put one of his mates in the job. Yes he probably saved us from relegation & got us to the Cup Final but at the same time wrecked the long term future of the club. He was always a quick fix short term merchant.

Hated John Bond with a passion. He along with Peter Swales put the club back years. He completely ruined the youth policy & set that back years. We was consistently bringing players through to the 1st team & Steve Fleet had a lot to do with that. I think he was winning the old Central League (for reserve teams) year on year. But Bond got rid of him as soon as he took charge just so that he could put one of his mates in the job. Yes he probably saved us from relegation & got us to the Cup Final but at the same time wrecked the long term future of the club. He was always a quick fix short term merchant.
I met him once, horrible arrogant man, fucked off good people and brought in useless tossers (staff) and his useless son. Him and my namesake were as bad as each other

Loved watching and seemed to know a lot about the EDS/Academy when they had regular content such as highlights and even player profiles around eight years ago. I even knew when the games were.

Now, if the club can't be arsed, why should i? They build a big stadium which is a white elephant and then proceed to not publicise the games, publicise the players and even when they do publicise the games on the rare off chance, they are at unsuitable times.

It seemed around 2011/2012 they had a dedicated media team for the youth section, now it seems its all spent on snapchat and instagram and "collaborating" with cringey youtubers.

There will be young media savvy people who would love to be involved even on a part time basis just covering the games and doing pre/post match and other content videos. It really doesn't take a lot.

Loved watching and seemed to know a lot about the EDS/Academy when they had regular content such as highlights and even player profiles around eight years ago. I even knew when the games were.

Now, if the club can't be arsed, why should i? They build a big stadium which is a white elephant and then proceed to not publicise the games, publicise the players and even when they do publicise the games on the rare off chance, they are at unsuitable times.

It seemed around 2011/2012 they had a dedicated media team for the youth section, now it seems its all spent on snapchat and instagram and "collaborating" with cringey youtubers.

There will be young media savvy people who would love to be involved even on a part time basis just covering the games and doing pre/post match and other content videos. It really doesn't take a lot.
Me too, used to go to the games fairly regularly and could have named every player in the team. Not been to one for about three years now and could only name three players tops. It’s funny how what the club expose you to does really take your interest.

Now that focus from the club seems to have shifted to the women’s team.

The thing for me is, while it’s great for their sport that they’ve got a popular team, I couldn’t give a shit about the women’s team really as none of them are ever going to make the step up to the men’s team, who are the team I support, like the youth lads have the potential to do.

Me too, used to go to the games fairly regularly and could have named every player in the team. Not been to one for about three years now and could only name three players tops. It’s funny how what the club expose you to does really take your interest.

Now that focus from the club seems to have shifted to the women’s team.

The thing for me is, while it’s great for their sport that they’ve got a popular team, I couldn’t give a shit about the women’s team really as none of them are ever going to make the step up to the men’s team, who are the team I support, like the youth lads have the potential to do.

Personally I think the club should do as much as possible to promote all of our teams.

There is clearly interest amongst the fans for the junior teams and so the club should provide access to the teams. The women football is established and apparently growing in interest , so it is shortsighted imo not to be making the EDS/Academy available to fans.

For a club which is doing so well on the pitch, it seems to omit to do some of the more basic stuff which can only help to increase interest at all levels.

Much as the rags are shite on the pitch, they certainly do the stuff which their fans want, albeit to enhance their commercial revenues.

I would love to do this for City if they wanted any help. It'd be a genuine honour. I just don't think the club have any interest in doing this though really.

I would love to do this for City if they wanted any help. It'd be a genuine honour. I just don't think the club have any interest in doing this though really.

Have you approached them about it ?

I understand your scepticism but somebody offering their services might gee them up into some action .

Similarly I find it frustrating that they don't really want to publicise them playing.

We have quite a few good and local lads at the moment, from reading an interview on the website from Harwood-Bellis it sounds like a few of them are really good mates as well - not sure why they don't want to make more of it. From a media perspective the women's team is higher on the agenda for the club than the youngsters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.