Chemotherapy

I hope you smash the fucking thing right out of the park mate. Will keep everything crossed for you blue.

Best of luck. If it helps maybe use this thread to vent any frustrations, updates or victories. I'm sure many of us would be glad to just listen (well - read - but you know what I mean) and some (not me) might have some good advice.

I start my Chemotherapy treatment in a fortnights time, anyone have any tips to help me with the many side effects that might occur through the five months that lie ahead and does anyone know how long after Chemotherapy does the Radiotherapy start. Thanks for any advice.
I have just read your post.
Here we go.
A friend of mine has just gone through chemo. She starts radio next week.
The chemo course is not easy to go through, but for it to be successful you must complete the course.
There are different types of chemo for different cancers which can be used individually or in combination, so the effects are different for each person.
My friend had a particularly rough time.
Immediately after being treated she was ok for 1-2 days and then, WHAM, it kicked in.
For a few days she would be in a lot of pain, couldn't eat feeling sick.
During the course of treatment it is most important that you are not exposed to any coughs/colds etc as you will have no antibodies to fight them as the chemo does not discriminate between healthy cells or cancer cells and kills them all.
Good luck with your treatment and stick at it, ringing the bell at the end is a superb release of emotion and joy.

I start my Chemotherapy treatment in a fortnights time, anyone have any tips to help me with the many side effects that might occur through the five months that lie ahead and does anyone know how long after Chemotherapy does the Radiotherapy start. Thanks for any advice.
GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU BEAT IT.

Depends which chemo you are on as far as the side effects etc and how well your body reacts. I work in an Oncology day ward where people come in for treatment and also see the Oncologists in clinic and time and again I hear the doctors say “everybody’s cancer is different and how they react to it and the treatment is different”. You might be really lucky and get very few side effects, then again....
What I would say though is no matter how shit you are feeling when you are on it you’ve got to make sure you try to keep your weight steady. If you react badly and have the bad nausea, diarrhoea etc and lose lots of weight then when it comes to the next cycle they may be reluctant to give you more or want to give you a lower dose.
They should have given you a 24 hour helpline number for any problems; don’t be afraid to use it - any bugs or temperatures etc make sure you tell them.
As for the radiotherapy, it usually depends on how well you are doing as it comes with it’s own problems depending where it’s targeted.
Best of luck mate and keep positive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.