Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

Common sense from someone who can see what happened.. But even in real time I thought Sterling standing in front of the keeper had to be blocking his view of the ball, so no goal.

Sterling was neither stand nor blocking. The shot came in from over 20 yards away. The direction of the ball did not change and Sterling ran in front of the ball. It would be wrong to say the keeper could not see the ball.

No way was Ederson MOM today, he dealt with the little that came his way efficiently but he was hardly required to be spectacular. Good performances all round but Gundo was at his very best today, great showing.

Re Gundogen, whilst he generally played well and scored a good goal, there was a bit in the first half when one of their players basically walked past him and then Mendy which to me shows the trouble with having him in that position. He’s weak. Like Leicester at home last season, Chowdhury barged him then played Ihnacheo in. We all know how that ended but it is a concern, particularly with Liverpool away around the corner

Re Gundogen, whilst he generally played well and scored a good goal, there was a bit in the first half when one of their players basically walked past him and then Mendy which to me shows the trouble with having him in that position. He’s weak. Like Leicester at home last season, Chowdhury barged him then played Ihnacheo in. We all know how that ended but it is a concern, particularly with Liverpool away around the corner
Not saying he doesn’t have a weakness, I think Mendy showed a real lack of pace/fitness in that incident. Just that Gundo played really well today and should be applauded for it, we will be well up for the Dippers game whoever plays, draw would do.

Raheem is becoming our leader, is he not? Chuffed to bits for him.
Hope our 2nd was illegal (it was not though) just to boil the piss of them all cvnts.
Gündogan (that kick for the 3rd) and Ederson (that kick for the 1st) men of the match.

Three more points, three more goals for the GD, another clean sheet. Nice, I'm happy clapping.
Over to you spuds, do something.

Routine home win,eventually, thought raheem, gundogan and cancelo were good, kev always involved but nothing like his best, lots of crap first half, second much better, easy! Thought grealish was decent, quick, good feet and game, mings did ok too, the rest are gash, 2nd rate giddy chancers putting it about in the big league, sorry that's their fans! Where were we when we were shit!? Arf, over running Villa park was the norm, shower of pricks.

We can all find one instance of a player being "walked past" in 95 minutes , did you see Merlin lose the ball in the centre circle in the 2nd half and make no effort to retrieve it ? The one incident doesnt make Merlin weak , Gundogan had a superb game again , i can understand posters having their favourites and the players they choose to dislike before they have even kicked a ball , but highlighting ONE incident in ninety-odd minutes to judge a players performance is harsh to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.