#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stats are fine, ta, and more indicative.
No, your stats are garbage and misleading. For absolute starters you should be excluding Sergio’s 3 penalties to at least have a direct comparison but obviously that doesn’t fit in with whatever weird narrative you’re trying to spin.

No, your stats are garbage and misleading. For absolute starters you should be excluding Sergio’s 3 penalties to at least have a direct comparison but obviously that doesn’t fit in with whatever weird narrative you’re trying to spin.

it's not a weird narrative. Jesus is being wasteful in front of goal and needs to buck his ideas up. That is an absolute and incontrovertible fact and anyone disagreeing is being downright deceitful. Today and last week it was a demonstrable fact both through the gift of sight and through verifiable statistics. End of.

it's not a weird narrative. Jesus is being wasteful in front of goal and needs to buck his ideas up. That is an absolute and incontrovertible fact and anyone disagreeing is being downright deceitful. Today and last week it was a demonstrable fact both through the gift of sight and through verifiable statistics. End of.
At this point I’m assuming you’re either a troll, stupid, or both, but if not I’ll refer you back to my prior two posts which you dismissed without reading or addressing in any way.

At this point I’m assuming you’re either a troll, stupid, or both, but if not I’ll refer you back to my prior two posts which you dismissed without reading or addressing in any way.

Dismissed because they were irrelevant to the correct point I made initially, backed up by relevant statistics. As you continue to flout this, I will be disregarding you completely from now on.

My stats are fine, ta, and more indicative.

Did you see my post earlier? His return is exactly what it should be considering his age, skill, being a backup, and rarely starting long stretches. Over last season and also this one he scores at a rate of every 111 minutes over a 3,000 sample. Kun scores at 100 minutes. It's not unreasonable to expect a drop off from a legendary finisher like kun so he's right where you would expect the striker in waiting to be at. This season he's off to a slower start but we're only 500 minutes in with him.

Did you see my post earlier? His return is exactly what it should be considering his age, skill, being a backup, and rarely starting long stretches. Over last season and also this one he scores at a rate of every 111 minutes over a 3,000 sample. Kun scores at 100 minutes. It's not unreasonable to expect a drop off from a legendary finisher like kun so he's right where you would expect the striker in waiting to be at. This season he's off to a slower start but we're only 500 minutes in with him.

Well, we can keep mitigating for him or we can say he's been a few years now, he's 22, he's supposed to be ours and Brazil's #9 for the next decade so let's see that step up in his finishing that befits wearing those 2 jerseys. I want Kun to leave and not miss him because Jesus has usurped him, at the moment I'm hoping he comes off the bench to finish the chances Jesus is squandering. Being that far behind statistically isn't good enough at the start of the season and for me he needs to improve. It's my honest view and I've already said he works his arse off and I appreciated that again today, I just want those really good chances to be in the back of the net, no questions asked. He's capable, he just needs to be consistent and go up a level. He's in Sane's shoes from last season, other guys have stepped up a level and it's now his turn. Sane couldn't hold down a starting spot because he couldn't do it consistently at the level we know he can reach, Jesus is the same. If Jesus was truly nailing it and on fire, he'd be in that team with or without Kun on a far more regular basis.

I wouldn't say he's not been good enough in front of goal and that he can and should do better unless I truly believed he was capable. I want to see him achieve it, but to do that we need to go beyond the Jesus we've had the past few years into the next level Jesus, much like in 17/18 Sterling went to another level that we're still benefiting from today.

In my opinion, unsupported by stats, Sergio is still unquestionably our number one striker.

I agree.

There seems to be a consensus that Jesus works harder than Aguero, therefore his lower goal total most weeks is okay.

Barring the odd stinker, Aguero works his bollocks off for us and I don’t think it works as an argument.

Well, we can keep mitigating for him or we can say he's been a few years now, he's 22, he's supposed to be ours and Brazil's #9 for the next decade so let's see that step up in his finishing that befits wearing those 2 jerseys. I want Kun to leave and not miss him because Jesus has usurped him, at the moment I'm hoping he comes off the bench to finish the chances Jesus is squandering. Being that far behind statistically isn't good enough at the start of the season and for me he needs to improve. It's my honest view and I've already said he works his arse off and I appreciated that again today, I just want those really good chances to be in the back of the net, no questions asked. He's capable, he just needs to be consistent and go up a level. He's in Sane's shoes from last season, other guys have stepped up a level and it's now his turn. Sane couldn't hold down a starting spot because he couldn't do it consistently at the level we know he can reach, Jesus is the same. If Jesus was truly nailing it and on fire, he'd be in that team with or without Kun on a far more regular basis.

I wouldn't say he's not been good enough in front of goal and that he can and should do better unless I truly believed he was capable. I want to see him achieve it, but to do that we need to go beyond the Jesus we've had the past few years into the next level Jesus, much like in 17/18 Sterling went to another level that we're still benefiting from today.

I have to agree with you here. He needs to make that jump up in terms of finishing, no doubt about it. I'm a little disappointed it hasn't come along as quickly as I assumed it would. I think that it's extremely promising that he's been able to hang as close to Kun as he has though and that goes to show that he's making up for that gap with other intangibles. If he hovers around the 125min/goal mark by seasons end with ~4,000 minute then we can start raising questions. we need another 1500 this season before we start posing questions about it IMO. Personally, I don't think they give him much freedom as his runs behind are almost entirely ignored. He's also not given the freedom that Kun has to create and fire off shots on his own. It's obviously by design and probably in the best interest of the team but I'd like to see him given more freedom on the ball around goal and get him more chances getting behind. That's bias on my part, but I think there's something in that to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.