Melbourne City FC Thread

Back at it tonight, away to the new team Western United. They are going to be playing out of Geelong for 3 seasons while they supposedly build a stadium in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. They basically got awarded inclusion based on building and owning a stadium but as yet haven't started.

Kick off is 6pm on a Sunday night, for a first derby with us is just another baffling fixturing decision.

As of the game I'm still seething from Wednesdays debacle and expect some reaction. It's a 90 minute drive for me and will be going with a few, Hopefully the 90 minutes drive home will be enjoyable.

Back at it tonight, away to the new team Western United. They are going to be playing out of Geelong for 3 seasons while they supposedly build a stadium in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. They basically got awarded inclusion based on building and owning a stadium but as yet haven't started.

Kick off is 6pm on a Sunday night, for a first derby with us is just another baffling fixturing decision.

As of the game I'm still seething from Wednesdays debacle and expect some reaction. It's a 90 minute drive for me and will be going with a few, Hopefully the 90 minutes drive home will be enjoyable.

Best of luck. We all need it.

Playing this arvo at home with a 4pm (local) KO against Wellington. After 3 games we won 2 drawn 1 and Wellington lost all 3. The irony is Wellington have looked pretty good in all games losing 0:1 and 2:1 twice.

We have a few injury issues, Maclaren is out for 4 to 6 with a hammy, Berenguer the other Marquee hasn't been seen also injured. I think Windbichler our visa CB is out with another soft tissue injury. Delbribge another CB is out because of his red last week.

The 2 Uruguayan blokes have been really slow to acclimatize and have struggled to break into the team.

Having said all that negative stuff Mombarets has been able to set up a pretty pleasing on the eye style compared to the last 2 seasons (which wasn't hard TBF) and we have seen the young blokes of Metcalfe and Genreau put in great performances. Our defense has been solid and Craig Noone has been solid since he shifted to the left and has played more as an inverted winger.

We have some big outs but I'm confident with the incomings to prove themselves and we should get a win. The weather is improving and a cold beer on Sunday afternoon is always appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.