Good Food in MCR

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
Don't know of there's already a thread on Bluemooners experiences of eating in and around Manchester, if so feel free to merge mods if there is one.

If not, there should be as it could a really good resource for blues looking for recommendations.

Anyway, after the game yesterday me and the wife went into town. It's her birthday coming up so she wanted me to take her shopping so we did that then ended up in Fringe Bar on Swan Street of which many blues will be familiar with. Cracking place for a few beers that has a mint jukebox.

We were discussing where we fancied going for a bite to eat and my wife fancied something spicy but didn't really fancy a curry. We thought Caribbean food might be nice with a few cocktails so we googled (as you do) and next door to Fringe was Pull Up which is a Caribbean restaurant so we gave it a go.

It was the best plate of food I've had in town this year. I had the Lamb Chops and my wife had the Jerk Chicken. We ordered sides to share, cocunut rice and peas, skin on chips (which were more like mini roast potatoes) & fried dumplings (could have eat 2 portions to myself). I had 2 cocktails, the cherry rum one I had was really nice and was gone in minutes and the ginger mojito was also really nice. The cocktails were around £9 each so they bumped the overall price up but the food was really reasonably priced and like I say, it was really good food.

So, if you fancy Caribbean food in town, I recommend Pull Up, we'll definately be going again.

Anyone been?

Few casual places I like are: Brewski (poutine), Rudys (pizza), Yard and Coop (chicken) and Jerk Shack (Caribbean).

None are fancy but I've always got great food for decent value from all 4.

Few casual places I like are: Brewski (poutine), Rudys (pizza), Yard and Coop (chicken) and Jerk Shack (Caribbean).

None are fancy but I've always got great food for decent value from all 4.

Been to rudys loads of times and I've never been disappointed.

Will definitely check the others mentioned out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.