Hacienda designer not happy about the away kit

What’s cool about a towel?
Is it because it has an Adidas logo on it?
Unless you're the type who prefers drying himself off with kitchen roll, towels are undeniably cool. But wasn't so much the towel I was liking here but rather the adidas trefoil design coupled with the stark MCFC typeface knocked out in black and white. It's mega and looks retro-fucking-space age and made me think what a City kit designed by Adidas Spezial would look like.

The Thunderdome was fierce!
The Thunderdome was definitely scrote central, followed in quick succession by Andersons in Openshaw, Konspiracy in the Corn Exchange, Bugsys in Ashton, The House in PIccadilly Gardens and The Banshee. Went to them all and no **** was stood around admiring the tastefully designed interior. In fact, the House was such a shithole that when it got hot and sweaty in there bits of the ceiling started peeling off and falling on your head, haha.

The Thunderdome was definitely scrote central, followed in quick succession by Andersons in Openshaw, Bugsys in Ashton, The House in PIccadilly Gardens and The Banshee. Went to them all and no **** was stood around admiring the tastefully designed interior. In fact, the House was such a shithole that when it got hot and sweaty in there bits of the ceiling started peeling off and falling on your head, haha.
Kloisters, Genevieves...the list is endless.

Loved them all.

From what i gather from reading his book, Peter Hook owns half of the rights to all things Hacienda along with Rob Grettons widow the other half.

Peter Hook owns it all now. It's one of the bones of contention between New Order and Hook (So says Bernards Sumners book)

I wonder if Puma contacted Peter Saville in relation to the Music Complete inspired parts on the away top.

did he really own the design of the yellow and black stripes because they needed to be there to stop the 24 hour people walking into post or falling off stages/platforms, silly that somebody still wants the limelight for the idea that was just a old warehouse that just had tape on the floors and post silly billy, also it was the city fans that done the old away kits to gigs that still people talk about today

I'm sure that black and yellow tape was on well before it turned into a rave joint.......when bands played there at the beginning.

Big Audio Dynamite, The Pogues etc

The Thunderdome was definitely scrote central, followed in quick succession by Andersons in Openshaw, Konspiracy in the Corn Exchange, Bugsys in Ashton, The House in PIccadilly Gardens and The Banshee. Went to them all and no **** was stood around admiring the tastefully designed interior. In fact, the House was such a shithole that when it got hot and sweaty in there bits of the ceiling started peeling off and falling on your head, haha.
Was in the Konspiracy the night that lad got stabbed, as was @Didsbury Dave iirc! Agree with you about The Banshee and Bugsy's about which there is a thread in off topic!

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/bugsy-s-ashton-anybody-remember-it.164295/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.