Southampton (H) | EFL Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: "You'll never hear me complain about injuries. Normally, if I complain, it is after we've won. I'll never say anything about injuries or use that reason after a defeat. I'd prefer if we were together and everybody was available, but it is what it is."

"It’s hard (to choose between Aguero and Jesus). They know they have to play well and score goals and that’s what they are doing. It's the same with Riyad and Kyle – I’m not talking about specific positions, either – it applies to the whole squad."

Bravo

Walker Stones Garcia Angelino

Gundogan

Mahez KDB Fodden Bernardo

Jesus

Could we risk Mendy at right back with so many games coming up after he has played 3 on the run for the first time in 2 years?

Im sure Pep will pick Otomendi instead of Garcia but I think Garcia needs time as we made need him in the premiership (either him or Taylor HB)

We dont have a lot of optin for the pivot role so it has to be Gundogan (again its risky with him playing every game as we need him fit but there is no one else

Mahrez and Bernardo need game time and Sterling needs a break when we can afford it.

KDB for me needs moe game time -he still doesnt look to be 100% so him and Foden in the centre

Jesus up top to keep him getting minutes (though i think Pep will play KunO

----------------Bravo-------------
Walker-----Ota----Garcia----Angelino
---------------------Gundo------------------
---------------Bernie----------Foden--------
Mahrez----------Aguero---------Jesus

3-1 City

_____________________________Bravo___________________________

Walker____________Bellis________________Garcia____________Angelino

_________________________Iker Pozo _________________________

_______________Bernardo________________Bernabe___________

Mahrez__________________Sergio_________________Sterling

Bring Rogers if we are winning.

Difficult team to predict given our injury list. Don’t think Guardiola will be able to rotate as much as he would like, which isn’t ideal with the Liverpool game not far away. Biggest dilemma is the holding midfield role. Think he might’ve played Zinchenko there if he was fit. Doubt he wants to risk Gundogan, but can’t see many other options. Could play Stones there I guess, but that hasn’t really worked in the past, or maybe Tommy Doyle?!

Bravo

Walker Stones Garcia Angelino

Gundogan

Mahez KDB Fodden Bernardo

Jesus

Could we risk Mendy at right back with so many games coming up after he has played 3 on the run for the first time in 2 years?

Im sure Pep will pick Otomendi instead of Garcia but I think Garcia needs time as we made need him in the premiership (either him or Taylor HB)

We dont have a lot of optin for the pivot role so it has to be Gundogan (again its risky with him playing every game as we need him fit but there is no one else

Mahrez and Bernardo need game time and Sterling needs a break when we can afford it.

KDB for me needs moe game time -he still doesnt look to be 100% so him and Foden in the centre

Jesus up top to keep him getting minutes (though i think Pep will play KunO
Please don’t play kdb, everyone raves about Raheem but we are nowhere near as good a side when de Bruyne isn’t playing. I’d pay kdb same money as Raheem to stop teams trying to poach him. He is our number one, don’t overplay him, keep him for epl and champions league

I think we ought to have two banks of five stretched across the pitch (and that would emcompass EVERY fucking team that's played at the Etihad this season) and invite Southampton to come and screw us. Talking of screwing, is VAR operative in the EFL for PL teams? It's Jonny again! Just out of interest, do we charge Mr Moss for using our iron lung post-match?

Difficult team to predict given our injury list. Don’t think Guardiola will be able to rotate as much as he would like, which isn’t ideal with the Liverpool game not far away. Biggest dilemma is the holding midfield role. Think he might’ve played Zinchenko there if he was fit. Doubt he wants to risk Gundogan, but can’t see many other options. Could play Stones there I guess, but that hasn’t really worked in the past, or maybe Tommy Doyle?!

Pozo is the DM for EDS not Doyle, but I will be happy with either because Gundogan must be rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.