John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep hit the nail on the head at his presser on Friday when asked, ‘ what will it take for John Stones to become the first choice center back at City as he has hardly started since February.’ Pep’s reply, ‘he has to be fit first.’ I’m paraphrasing but he is right, until he gets a good run injury free how the fuck can he hold down a place, I cannot for the life of me see why people can’t see that.
I think most people do see that actually. He hasn't had a prolonged run in the team since when, the first half of the centurions season? Between injuries and personal issues he's been in and out of the team ever since. The problem is that's just not really good enough if we're being honest. When you're Vinny or KDB you can do that, but for everyone else, at some point it becomes too much.

The decision now for the club is whether to cut losses and get him out before his value further diminishes, or just keep him about until THB and Garcia mature enough be upgrades on him - which probably won’t take too long.
There is no decision really, there's no market for him at anywhere close to where we'd be willing to sell. Who is buying him on his wages after the 18 months he's just had?

For me Stonesy spends far too long with the ball at his feet and needs to up his tempo when looking for a pass.Overall he does slow us down,but I do like the lad and hope he can turn into a top rated centre half.He has certainly proved himself in the past,but prone to sloppy errors (as was his silly pass which nearly resulted in a goal for Villa in that first half).
Down to the lad to show he`s worth more starts than he`s been getting,irrespective of his injuries.

the responsibility is on Stones and it's time to sink or swim.

Sorry for the terrible pun.

giphy.gif

I haven't given up on him but think this is his last chance. He needs to grab control of this defence and lead it until Laporte gets back. Fernandinho is learning a new position, Cancelo adapting to a new team and country, Walker and Mendy need to focus on their own games, the responsibility is on Stones and it's time to sink or swim.

Sorry for the terrible pun.
The English language is so full of puns that you constantly have to apologize for it.
Strange isn't it?
Then again...Outside of England nobody ever tought of calling themselves "stones".

Great performance from him. Dominant in the air and won the ball back and got it back to the attackers as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.