Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My man of the match but I still have questions about him defensively. I'm not sure if that will get fixed, given that he seems to have so little natural aggression but he'll thrive in games like yesterday when the opposition are too concerned with marking our attacking players to press Ilkay and cut off passing routes to him.

He's an absolute joy to watch when he's got space and his eye for a pass is better than his rivals in the team.

This is the role Pep desperately wanted him for and it's a role he can grow into, despite him approaching thirty. A bit more bite and he'd be irreplaceable, especially while Rodri is still adjusting to the team.
The bite has gone,that is my only beef with him,he doesn't stop much,time and space great,backs to the wall no

Just so we are clear. Your claim that Fernandihno is Better "in every facet of the game" is false. You don't even have to be an adult to know that.

From your diatribe above, it's clear even you get that. As you've tried to hide your original claim under the rubble of "Fernandihno is better." As if that was your original claim that was opposed. It wasn't.

For the record, Gundogan is better at breaking down defenses, at cohesion passing, at deflating pressure, better ball control, better vision, better crosser of the ball, better cross field passer. Frankly, there are few "in possession" DM skills he is not superior to Dihno in... One of the only ones may be driving forward with the ball. Even that, I think he might be as good but not necessarily better. "Goalscoring headers" might be the only offensive skill Dihno is clearly better than Gundogan at.

So for someone to claim Dihno is better 'AT EVERY' Facet of playing DM, is delusional.

Maybe with the exception of crossing, who both rarely do, Dinho has him covered comfortably. For some reason or another, it seems to REALLY hurt you knowing the Brazilian dude is the far superior player.

Go and have a lie down, we've seen this script before of you doubling down on your blind love for Gundogan many a time.

Last edited:
Acid test...who would like to see him start at anfield? Not me.

I would in almost all circumstances. He is the one player (along with Rodri potentially) that could interchange between a 6 and an 8, giving us a double 6 when we need it, but moving forward to 8 when going forwards. If Rodri was fit, I’d have played Rodri, Gundogan and KDB in midfield, with Sterling and Bernardo on the “wings”, in order that Bernardo could move into the ”outside 8”/inside winger position when Gundogan has to drop back, whilst Sterling becomes a number 10 on the left side creating a 4-2-2-1.

The other option is 3 at the back, man marking their front 3, Gundogan as the 6, Mendy and Cancelo as wingbacks, David and KDB further up with Sterling as a roaming forward and Kun/Jesus up top.

I would in almost all circumstances. He is the one player (along with Rodri potentially) that could interchange between a 6 and an 8, giving us a double 6 when we need it, but moving forward to 8 when going forwards. If Rodri was fit, I’d have played Rodri, Gundogan and KDB in midfield, with Sterling and Bernardo on the “wings”, in order that Bernardo could move into the ”outside 8”/inside winger position when Gundogan has to drop back, whilst Sterling becomes a number 10 on the left side creating a 4-2-2-1.

The other option is 3 at the back, man marking their front 3, Gundogan as the 6, Mendy and Cancelo as wingbacks, David and KDB further up with Sterling as a roaming forward and Kun/Jesus up top.
Have you not seen him play at anfield before? He shits it.

Yes, in the wide right role. He didn’t excel.
Also the 4-3 there in the centurion season when he played centrally he was awful. He likes time. He turned the ball over sooo many times. I will admit I don’t think I’ve seen him play the 6 there but I would still worry.

Also the 4-3 there in the centurion season when he played centrally he was awful. He likes time. He turned the ball over sooo many times. I will admit I don’t think I’ve seen him play the 6 there but I would still worry.

Maybe, but he scored in that game and we don’t have many other options at the moment.

He was arguably our best player in the 4-3.

its funny how good he is against lesser opponents but as soon as we play the very best he goes missing. its small margins on this level but he seems to be missing one tiny step to the true elite. very gifted and i do not agree that he seems "full", on the contrary, he seems hungry to me and more settled/mature than before.

its funny how good he is against lesser opponents but as soon as we play the very best he goes missing. its small margins on this level but he seems to be missing one tiny step to the true elite. very gifted and i do not agree that he seems "full", on the contrary, he seems hungry to me and more settled/mature than before.

I just don't know where people get this idea from. He's played really well in games against all of the top sides. I'd also suggest that even though he only came on as a sub, he was instrumental in the home win against Liverpool last season. David Silva had a very quiet game that night and Liverpool were starting to get a grip on the game at 1-1 before Gundogan came on for the last half hour. He played a big part in us taking back control of that match and going on to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.