Travelling to Milan (Atalanta)

Staying Tuesday - Thursday.
Hotel near central station.

Probs find a sports bar/Irish pub on Tuesday night to watch the football, and try check out this Navigli area as heard good things.
Nurse a hangover on Wednesday and do it all over again.

48 hour ticket for the metro/tram/bus is only 8.25, our hotel is a little out the centre so probably a wise investment as no doubt we'll be jumping on and off between bars across the 2 days/nights.

Im into Malpensa, anyone flown in here, is it easy to get train tickets on line anywhere?

Staying close to Central Station, is there much bar wise in that area does anyone know?

Cheers.

You can buy tickets from at the Airport 15 euros. I looked to see if you can buy on the internet in advance and you can saving 2 euros each way but I can't see anywhere that if your flight is late you can still use the ticket for a later train. There is a 48 hour ticket for 35 euros that includes Malpensa to Milan return trains and use of buses, metro and trams.

Im into Malpensa, anyone flown in here, is it easy to get train tickets on line anywhere?

Staying close to Central Station, is there much bar wise in that area does anyone know?

Cheers.
Yeah I have. Two options bus or train. Bus is a little cheaper but longer, not much in it. Train is €13 one way, don't think there are any discounts for buying a return but don't know for sure. You can just use your contactless at the top of the steps to the platform and the ticket inspector is able to check whether you've paid. Booking in advance avoids this but means you have to get a specific train as far as I can tell, so depends on your flight being on time etc. It takes 40 mins to Cadorna or 60 mins to Centrale but they are different routes so if you want to go to Centrale make sure you get one heading there. It's only a few stops on the metro if you get on the wrong one though.

There's a couple of bars in the vicinity of the Centrale station but I seem to remember them being quite pricey. I think you're better hopping on the metro to Navigli or Brera if you want more options.

Yeah I have. Two options bus or train. Bus is a little cheaper but longer, not much in it. Train is €13 one way, don't think there are any discounts for buying a return but don't know for sure. You can just use your contactless at the top of the steps to the platform and the ticket inspector is able to check whether you've paid. Booking in advance avoids this but means you have to get a specific train as far as I can tell, so depends on your flight being on time etc. It takes 40 mins to Cadorna or 60 mins to Centrale but they are different routes so if you want to go to Centrale make sure you get one heading there. It's only a few stops on the metro if you get on the wrong one though.

There's a couple of bars in the vicinity of the Centrale station but I seem to remember them being quite pricey. I think you're better hopping on the metro to Navigli or Brera if you want more options.

Would you recommend staying in the centre or somewhere like Navigli? I take it the Metro takes you most places? I've booked an apartment nr the stadium for one night then have 2 nights to book for the rest of my stay. I like the look of Navigli but also see the advantage of being central.

Cheers.

Monkey Bar or Nottingham Forest bar...

Would you recommend staying in the centre or somewhere like Navigli? I take it the Metro takes you most places? I've booked an apartment nr the stadium for one night then have 2 nights to book for the rest of my stay. I like the look of Navigli but also see the advantage of being central.

Depends on your plans really. Were staying near the station as we are up early Thursday as need to get to the station early to get home. Navigli is probably the best area but you can get there on the trams/metro quite easily. There's a few places around Central, Monkey Bar/Nottingham Forest Bar which are good also!! We get in Tuesday tea time, so will go local around the station TUE and watch the footie. Then head for Navigli WED afternoon for a few pre game....

We’re right next to Lima metro station not far from the main centra station. Stayed here a couple of years ago, easy metro trip to the ground with plenty of bars near by

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.