Southampton (H) | EFL Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
IlkayGuendogan on the impact of @SouthamptonFC 9-0 defeat on #MCISOU: “I don’t think it will make the game any easier. I think they will defend aggressively and sit quite deep, so it will probably all be about the chances we create...”

“We will have to be careful. Any chances they get to test us, they will be a threat. We will have to be careful from set-pieces. As for our preparations, it shouldn’t change much. We will have a lot of quality and we will play our own game...”

“If we play the way we did in he second half against Aston Villa, I don’t think we will have any problems.” [via @ManCity]

“It’s about staying in a rhythm and obviously, we don’t want to go out of this competition. We want to stay involved in this cup for as long as possible and we will perform as well as we can against Southampton and that is our target...”

IlkayGuendogan on the impact of @SouthamptonFC 9-0 defeat on #MCISOU: “I don’t think it will make the game any easier. I think they will defend aggressively and sit quite deep, so it will probably all be about the chances we create...”

“We will have to be careful. Any chances they get to test us, they will be a threat. We will have to be careful from set-pieces. As for our preparations, it shouldn’t change much. We will have a lot of quality and we will play our own game...”

“If we play the way we did in he second half against Aston Villa, I don’t think we will have any problems.” [via @ManCity]

“It’s about staying in a rhythm and obviously, we don’t want to go out of this competition. We want to stay involved in this cup for as long as possible and we will perform as well as we can against Southampton and that is our target...”
If that is the mindset of the entire squad from #1 thru #18, then we should have very little trouble with Southampton.

55 miles. Train up to Sheffield and across, a fair few fans normally on the train . Not lived in Manchester for 35 years. Sometimes drive to Buxton, then a train which is fine until around now when the drive home over the tops and the via gelia is a nightmare.

And I appreciate many have much further distances to travel and I think their devotion is amazing.
I think there’s a blue travels from Bournemouth every week, now that’s a crazy loyal fan there. I think he’s name is bilboblue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.