Var debate 2019/20

The PL cannot dictate to members of the European Royalty ffs, they demand respect from all lesser beings permitted to play the game.

It's absolutely disgraceful that you should suggest that they be treated like everybody else.
Sorry forgot they were royalty, will try to remember in the future

It's jumped the shark now. My biggest issue is how much VAR is changing mid season - if City v Spurs was played this week, there is a different outcome, Same for United v Liverpool last weekend.

i can see a almighty fight and trouble with fans going on the pitch very soon. fans in stadiums not happy with VAR and its officials and unrest in nearly every game , but at the moment its behind a wall of early doors and wait and see, but later stages of the season when it start to all add up and somebody going down or not winning a cup or the league then fans will but in a right state because of VAR

so if the EPL have any balls and want to stop it going tits up then a review is needed and bring in some new changes before its to late and then VAR will be dead in the water, simple couple of easy things could make it better straight away like showing the VAR review on the big screens in the grounds when they are happening, also contact and holding a player or pulling of the shirt in the box should be given back to the ref on the field of play and let him review all clips on a monitor

but VAR needs a whole new rule book written into the game and set in stone ?? like meanings of a foul and make it clear what the rule is and every referee go by the rule book and not his judgement, so holding, fouls, contact, pulling of shirt,s or offside, are set in stone and that is the rule is not a judgement of one man on the day its got to be black and white
weren't we all told before the season started that fans would be able to see replays of the VAR incident ? or did I dream it ?

It's jumped the shark now. My biggest issue is how much VAR is changing mid season - if City v Spurs was played this week, there is a different outcome, Same for United v Liverpool last weekend.
They are going to change it again in a couple of weeks (Times)

weren't we all told before the season started that fans would be able to see replays of the VAR incident ? or did I dream it ?

i think we was ?? and even when the season started they show the VAR replay after the game kick back off, but now they don't show them just have the big wording on the screens VAR reviews are over, a lot of the stuff and idea's about VAR that was sold to the clubs and managers and players was just fake to get it into the game and clearly it does not work

for what we seen over the last weekend VAR should be put on hold and a major review of the system is needed, proper rules need written into the game and make it black and white and take out the judgement of one man and how he see's it in a studio ?? holding is a foul, pulling of a shirt is a foul, not all handball are fouls, tackles are not always fouls and contact can be made in making a tackle, offsides need a margin of doubt because the technology is not 100% correct and give the doubt to the attacking team

but the major change that is needed and FAST is the match going fans need to be inform what the hell is going on and not just a message saying VAR in progress, most of the premier league clubs have big screens so use them ?? even use the live feed and sound from the host broadcasters that way we know whats going on

i was at the game this weekend and 3 or 4 people was on the phone talking to somebody at home asking them what was the VAR for ?? how daft can the game be if somebody knows better than you whats going on at home ?? crazy that football is now better sat at home and not in the ground, you have to pay top dollar to go the games and you get treated like this, its not right and wrong and something has to change or like i said trouble is just around the corner

Ive got an idea why don't the refs utilise the monitors provided pitchside ? and maybe show the replays on the big screens?
Stop talking sense, next you will want to hear the conversations between the ref and the VAR person

Not being used as it should be.

VAR itself is fine.

Clear and obvious mistakes not everything every goal. After that it’s consistency and practice which should have been done before the season started not during.

Watching the Rags v Dippers made me realise how bent the game has become, really wanting the rags to win, it was obvious how they got decisions we wouldn't stand a chance of getting, wanting them to win it stood out, we never get results like that, such a shame the game has been destroyed by money and corruption.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.