Good Food in MCR

The new Radcliffe Market has some great food stalls open on Friday/Sat/Sun.
The latest one to open is 'Blackbirds', doing carribean grub. Last week i had curry goat, rice and peas and it has to be the best grub i've eaten in a long time.
Also got a cracking bar and often has decent acts on. Well worth a look.
https://www.radcliffe.market/

For those with a missus like mine who has severe dietary restrictions, but is still beyond all odds a “foodie”, Evelyn’s is a great bite.

As previously mentioned, I can confirm with confidence Pep’s place is the best Iberian food to be had in Manchester (it once was El Gato Negro, but they’ve recently regressed a bit, perhaps partly in comparison to Tast, to be fair). If that is a bit fancier than you have in mind, Rafa’s (Deansgate) is very good value, as well.

I Love a good steak. So for me miller & Carter in Heaton Chapel and Wilmslow are very decent, Malmaison also great... I am in Piedras Negres in Mexico. It is a border town with Texas (I can walk to the border in 10 mins) Steak here is another level. I don’t know what they do to it but the way they cook it it is the best I have ever had. Charcoal burnt on the outside and slightly bloody in the middle.
Smallest size is 350g upto 1.2kg

Recently back from two weeks in Manchester and the worst meal I had was steak at the Malmaison.

Levanter is the best restaurant in the north-west by a mile IMO. Utterly incredible food. It's in Ramsbottom though...

Mughli is good for a curry in Manchester.

Hawksmoor and Dishoom, that's about it.

Special mentions too for El Capo and Bundobust in NQ, but that's more roughing it.

Altrincham has the excellent Treccio, quality pizza.

Tapeo and Wine (Mata's place) is also decent tapas at affordable prices.

For something classical, I still go back to Lymn for La Boheme.

Chicken breast stuffed with crab meat at La Boheme, never seen it on the menu before, never seen it since, but absolutely delicious. Still one of the best meals I've had. Dishoom is excellent too.

Hawksmoor and Dishoom, that's about it.

Special mentions too for El Capo and Bundobust in NQ, but that's more roughing it.

Altrincham has the excellent Treccio, quality pizza.

Tapeo and Wine (Mata's place) is also decent tapas at affordable prices.

For something classical, I still go back to Lymn for La Boheme.

Agree with Tapeo & Wine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.