Grenfell Tower block disaster

Prior to Grenfell

Johnson closed 10 London fire stations
Cut 27 London fore engines
Laid off 552 London firefighters

He ignored the LFEPA and 94% of Londoners wishes in doing this.

When challenged on this he answer was "get stuffed"

This is a cover up designed to exonerate Johnson.

Why aren't the Tory run local council being held to account for putting that cladding on Grenfell? They put money before people.

Kensington and Chelsea council had £274m in reserves but refused to put sprinklers in the towers.

Absolutley fucking disgraceful and a stitch up of honest brave fireman to cover others arses.

So is this finding a result of the fire brigade telling people to 'stay put'? In which case, I think I'd agree that they have to take some of the blame. What's the average response time for the fire brigade to respond to a call? 15/20 minutes? Surely that's enough for 90% of people to leave the building. I get that blocks and crushes happen when people are rushing to get out but telling people to leave promptly and orderly seems to me to be far better advice than 'staying put'.

why are they not focussing on the local authority morons ???

That Dany woman was not coming across well I have to say...always sounded corporate and had an answer for everything ...

Retiring on a few million quid too

One LFB serving fire fighters view. The attack by the Telegraph on LFB is based upon the first part of the enquiry - the response to the 999 calls. We have yet to have reports into the Government involvement - local and national - and the cause of the spread/use of cladding etc. Its like they have read chapter 1 and think they have the definitive review of War and Peace - they obviously have their reasons.

[URL='https://twitter.com/GavLynch2']Gav Lynch@GavLynch2
[/URL]
·
1h

As a Firefighter who attended Grenfell, I am truly disgusted by what this country has become. This picture sums it up perfectly. Man who closed 10 Fire Stations, cut 30 Fire Engines and 500 Firefighters, not to blame, but Fire Brigade cut to ribbons, fully to blame. #Grenfell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.