Best ending to a film.

I cant believe I forgot this one, but the ending to The Directors Cut of The Butterfly Effect(and not the cinema release) is the best ending EVER.

If you haven’t seen it, go find it.

what's your take on the ending

I assume you watched this movie; if not, I recommend you do. It is a superb movie, but I have to let you know that it is not an action movie and kind of slow, particularly at the beginning. It is considered the best movie directed by Hal Ashby, and in 2015, the United States Library of Congress selected “Being There” for preservation in the National Film Registry, finding it "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant." That said, it is one of the most underrated movies of all times. “Chance the gardener” is the lifetime role of Peter Sellers, who won a Golden Globe for best actor for his performance, and he should probably have won an Oscar as well. Melvyn Douglas won his second Oscar and a Golden Globe for best supporting actor. We don’t see Douglas in the ending scene because he was supposed to be laying dead in the coffin. As for my take on the ending, I would rather referring you to a much better wording than mine. The three possible interpretations of the ending as outlined in the link below crossed my mind as well as the minds of many others who enjoyed watching this movie. When I watched the movie for the first time, my spontaneous interpretation of the ending was similar to the first interpretation of the three listed in the link. Possibly, you would have a different interpretation of the ending when you watch the movie, unless you have already. For those who haven’t watched the movie, yet curious to know about it, I included a Wikipedia link where there is a concise narrative of the entire movie.

http://screenprism.com/insights/art...f-chance-walking-on-water-at-the-end-of-being

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_There

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.